Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tommy Update: Gymnastics & Conversations

9.25.12
Tommy started a gymnastics class at the Amarillo College. It’s once a week for one hour and goes from September to December. His teacher’s name is Ms. Brandy and I can certainly say she is his first crush! He loves her (and told me so a few weeks into the class). Parents are not allowed to be in there so I was hesitant to just leave him. The first class I stayed in the lobby and kept peeking my head through the door. He was shy and nervous about trying everything, ex. the bars, the beam…. He became much more excited to go with each class and every time he walked in, usually late-bad mommy, Ms. Brandy greeted him so sweet with a “HI TOMMY!” I’m pretty sure he was one of her favorites. His class actually had 3 other boys in it which I was surprised about. The girls in his class were a little crazy and multiple times Brandy would come out after class and say, I’m going to have to ask some of the parents to come in there and talk to your kids because someone’s going to get hurt.” They weren’t great listeners apparently and were running all over the place. One time I asked her how Tommy was, and she assured me he was so sweet and doing great…phewSmileThere are two parent watch days and September 25th was the first one. I lose any chance of Mother-of-the-Year because I completely forgot about it and therefore forgot my camera, hence the iphone quality pictures. (I redeemed myself in November by bring the camera AND inviting Daddy:)
 IMG_0822IMG_0831IMG_0836IMG_0842
Once again I may be double typing these but I’m not going back over each post to checkWinking smile
Here are some of our conversations;)
  • I couldn’t see Tommy from the kitchen, So I yelled, “Tommy, where are you?” He yells back, “I’m just going potty. You worry about you!”
  • “mommy, you’re the best cooker ever!” (after making cinnamon toastWinking smile
  • “Tyler, congratulations!” Matt: Why are you saying that? T: Because he got out of bed!
  • I gave Tommy some juice. With a teary voice and watery eyes he said, ‘Mommy, you made it taste like water’…so much for watering it down.
  • Me:Tommy are you going on a mission? T: Yep! To the park!
  • I was asking Tommy to lay down, 10 times, and on the last time he says, “Just doin’ my job ma’am” I had to laugh. (From Doc McStuffins show)
  • Matt showed Tommy the back yard after mowing it. He told him, “Now you can play.” Tommy said, “Yeah, that’ll work.”
  • “Mommy, I’m good behavior at gymnastics, but not at home!”
  • On the way home from Gymnastics, “Mommy, I love Ms. Brandy!” (With the biggest grin)
  • While playing baseball with Matt, “Dad, you’re supposed to throw the ball to where my bat is!” hahaha
  • While playing fire station and me telling him he couldn’t play on the real ladder…. “I need a little piece of ladder!”
At  the Zoo  in August-
IMG_7225IMG_7231IMG_7237IMG_7243IMG_7245
At the park-bikes, baseball, and dirtSmile
IMG_7246IMG_7258IMG_7260
  • IMG_0792

No comments: