Monday, September 17, 2012

Friday Night Football

 
Last Friday, we went to the local high school's football and supported some of my young women that played in the marching band. They did a great job considering there were SO many band members. My high school didn't even have a marching band. Two of the girls play the flute, one the clarinet, and the other is the drum major-leading the gang.
 
I haven't really wrote about our callings since moving into the ward. Matt was immediatley called as Elder's Quorum President and is finally getting to know everyone. He has meetings Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings. Since church is at 9:00 am it's not too bad, and he's home for the rest of the day. He stays busy but more with work, than anything else.
 
As for my calling, I am Mia Maid advisor and teach every other week. Let me just say I love love love my young women. I've loved all the young women I've served with but these young women are, seriously, incredible. They're sweet, kind, funny-hysterical at times, and honestly, great examples to me. I've loved them from day one. This has really been a blessing since moving here wasn't the easiest transition for me. The young women president is literally an angel sent from heaven. And everyone feels that way about her, not just me. I feel like I have so much to learn from all of them, especially the president. I truly enjoy wednesday nights, aside from a mommy-break, everyone is so much fun to be around and I leave, feeling like a better person. Anyway, they're great!
 
 These were the only pics we took. I wish I could have taken some pictures with the girls but we left around 3rd quarter. The boys did fairly well, despite it being a bit chilly. It was a blow out game for our team (the other team being the local high school 10 minutes north of us-their 'rival' supposedly, hahaha:) It was a fun night!
 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You are just destined to influence the Young Women of the church! :D I'm so happy you love your calling! Wow! EQ!! That's a handful! You two are amazing people!!