Thursday, October 13, 2011

Maggie’s Birthday and Joey’s Blessing!

Yay! A break from the hotel!!
We had such a fun weekend celebrating Maggie’s 4th birthday and Joey’s blessing! We flew to Fort Worth late Friday night.  This was Tyler's first flight and he did great! Tommy did great too because he had some new cars to play with and loved opening and closing the window shade while telling us everything he saw. On the flight home we had our trusty Finding Nemo that I think Tommy could literally watch all day every day if I let him.

Aunt Shilo threw a fantastic Halloween/Princess party-exactly what the birthday girl requested! It was complete with Halloween décor, food, and costumes!

1.Maggie had an awesome Cinderella cake! It had an almond flavor that I really liked too! Side note: Matt wouldn’t have any because he said he doesn’t eat peopleSmile. Which is also related to why we can’t have any cookie jars with heads that you have to pull off. He will not pull off a Santa or Snowman head to get a cookie and says, “it’s just wrong!” I have to laughWinking smile.

2. Games included a pumpkin shaped balloon game, ghost paper towel bowling, and a pumpkin piñata that was almost indestructible. Thanks to Danny’s nephews, the kids got some candy out of it!

3. Our little boys went hand in hand-a firefighter and a Dalmatian;) Tommy’s costume, thanks to Mimi, was fitted with all the bells and whistles…including a hose that really sprayed water! (Thanks Autrey for setting that upWinking smile) Tyler’s was a makeshift costume because the one I ordered didn’t arrive in the mail on time….but it worked. Maggie was a beautiful princess and her sweet brother was a frog prince! I love that idea! Dylan was a handsome cowboy who would say, Howdy Partner! and it could make anyone smile!

4. Most unique costume goes to Tyler-Cowboy Dalmatian!

5. After the sugar rush wore off, Joey received a beautiful blessing from Danny. He was so cute in his outfit and white shoes! Then we had picture time and of course, something happened while I was downloading a few from Mimi and Shilo’s camera and they didn’t get sent….bummer. So I’ll have to add the group family pictures and princess Maggie later.

6. Sunday we went to Autrey and Shilo’s church and then had a little craft time. Shilo had the idea of creating these and we made one of all the grandbabies for Mimi and Papa. Here is the one I made for me (and I sent one to Grandma) and Tyler in action. My kiddo’s were by far the toughest to get because their feet are SO ticklish! They turned out really cute and I’m glad Shilo put it all together!

7. Then we had to say goodbyeSad smile I was not looking forward to leaving….but we’re hoping to put an offer on a house soon! Although Tyler isn’t smiling I love it anyway and think it’s frame-worthy because Joey’s face is just adorable! What a sweetheart. I miss him already! And sweet Maggie asked to hold Tyler before we left.

8.It literally seems like yesterday we were in Washington celebrating Maggie’s 3rd birthday! It’s amazing how time flies! Here’s a few pics to reminisceWinking smile
1.DSC02839DSC02834
                                                           
2.DSC02865
3.DSC00957DSC00953DSC02845
4.DSC00959
5.DSC02882DSC00970
6.IMG_0841DSC00047
7.DSC00053DSC00045
8.DSC00504DSC08514DSC00518DSC00526DSC08675

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Is that a pumpkin patch here in FW? Where is it?

Allyson said...

No, That one was in Washington where Maggie lives;)