Monday, October 3, 2011

"Fall Festival"

So after going to the library multiple times (not the Toddler and Tiara one) they kept announcing this awesome Fall Festival. They said there would be games, activities, and treats. Sounds like a plan to me! It was on Friday night and I know it wasn't Matt's first choice to do after work...but it was for Tommy! So we went and....what a disappointment. I really need to lower my expectations for this city. I know they don't have the funding and such but...c'mon now. There was a craft- a tree (a stick with yarn and leaves hanging off it), a bean bag game (Matt wouldn't let Tommy do it because the guy was weird), and a few cookies on a table. As sad as it was, Tommy really had fun. His favorite part of the craft was the glue, which Matt had to limit. Matt ended up doing most of it but when it was done Tommy couldn't have been happier (see pic). 
There was a pond with ducks behind the library so we decided to let Tommy run around. He wanted to feed the ducks and when we said we didn't have any bread, he said They can eat my cookie!We asked him multiple times if he was sure about that. He was so he threw it in the water and as we were walking away, Tommy starts to tear up, "Where's my cookie! I want my cookie!" I shouldn't have laughed but it was so funny! He was quickly pacified with a sucker from my bag;) He ran around some more while Matt snapped a few pictures and then we drove around searching for more houses....sigh




No comments: