Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The 'New Zoo" to Tommy

Because I love my son, and only for that reason, I entered the Herpatarium today. It was unbelievable difficult and I hated every minute of it. I never went in it at the Fort Worth Zoo and the only time Tommy did, was when Autrey took him. I think it was last Halloween when we all went to Boo at the Zoo. I am deathly afraid of snakes and just typing the word makes me want to squirm. It's not just a fear, it's a phobia, meaning even if they are contained in a box, I can't be in the same room with them. Even if they are on TV, I can't watch them. I hate that something has that much control over me. I think I'm slightly improving though, by entering the place, but I'm no where near 'over' them, Anyway, right now Tommy loves 'Finding Nemo' and asked to see the turtles. Ugh....they weren't even sea turtles so I knew they wouldn't be what he was expecting, but when he saw them he still thought they were neat. He really liked that they poked their heads out;) He would say, "These turtles don't talk."
 I did tell Tommy there were snakes on the other side and he did go over there for a minute, but he wasn't real intrigued. I certainly don't want him to be fearful of them. Although, I don't want him to LOVE snakes either!
We saw the rest of the 10 animals and I snapped a few pictures. We actually saw the male lion chasing the female lion for a few seconds. I also let him play on the playground for a few minutes. Within seconds now, he's chasing or following other kids around. He won't say a word to an adult, but he'll strike up a 'conversation' with a kiddo instantly. He also loves to drag his feet around and make tracks. Then he cried when we had to leave saying, "I don't want to go back to the ho-tale!" Thankfully we get a break this weekend by going to Maggie's birthday party/Joey's blessing. Yay!!


1 comment:

shilo said...

It's a good thing I made a giant spider and not a snake...