I have crazy dreams. I always have. I have also always wanted to go to New York City. I’ve had many dreams about going there. Last night I had one that I wanted to remember... well the afterthought anyway. I dreamt I was on the Today Show for a craft contest, hahaha. I had done something crafty (don’t know what) and was one of three contestants to win. They announced the winner and it wasn’t me. But the next segment was Matt Lauer taste testing Pizza Huts new and improved breadsticks, along with another pizza place’s breadsticks. I know, weird. When he started the segment he said, Allyson come on over and taste test these with me. So I did and they were delicious. I chose the Pizza Hut’s and Matt Lauer chose the other ones. He said, You really think those are better? And I said, ‘Yeah, have you had the previous breadsticks from there, so not good!’ So to the point…..I finished the segment and walked into their beautiful Today Show building (because the segment was done outside). I was in awe of this place that looked like a 5 star hotel. I was so excited and thrilled to be there. My heart was pounding and I was just taking everything in when…..I woke up….to Amarillo. Yes Amarillo, Texas, living in a hotel. Now when I have dreams they feel absolutely real. I wake up with the same emotions as were in the dream. My heart was beating fast with excitement in my dream and that’s how it was when I awoke. I laid in bed and for a minute was disappointed my dream was over, and THEN I realized what I had. Although I was living in a hotel in Amarillo, Texas, I was sandwiched in between two of the most beautiful blessings I could have ever asked for. Tyler on one side. Tommy on the other. They were peacefully sound asleep cuddled up next to me. I thought, this is the best place I could be in right now. This role of motherhood, despite hard days and lots of work, returns with it insurmountable love and joy. I love my boys so very much and I do know how lucky I am to have my beautiful family.
Don’t get me wrong though, I wouldn’t pass up a trip to the big apple;)
No comments:
Post a Comment