Saturday, October 15, 2011

4 Months!

  • This is such a great age! My ‘sugar bean’ or ‘sugar pie’ as I call him is so smiley, giggly, and NOT mobile yetWinking smile! Although, he is now squirmy and wiggly. He is arching his back pretty high, but still hasn’t rolled over to his tummy yet. I’m perfectly okay with that:) I should probably give him more opportunity but I worry about his head getting flat from sleeping on his back and being in the car seat. I couldn’t get in to see the pediatrician that was recommended to me until the 19th, so I don’t have his stats, but I’ll add them in. I’m sure he’ll check Tyler’s head at this appointment too and hopefully put my worries to rest.
  • He also arches his back when he's in your arms and is getting tired or tired of how your holding him. I thought this wiggling came later...
  • He rarely takes the binky and although I REALLY don’t like him sucking his thumb, I lay him down in bed and he falls asleep after a minute or two of sucking it. If I pull it out and try enforce the binky, I’m met with an all out scream! So I’ve let it go for now….another question for the doctor.
  • He still sleeps well. He wakes up every 4-5 hours, eats and goes back to sleep most of the time. He even takes a pretty good morning nap. Granted he sleeps on our bed….
  • He grabbed his toes on 10.7.11. It was pretty cute!
  • He’s so wiggly the picture below is how he now sits in his Bumbo seat! I don’t think it’s going to last much longer.
  • He’s grabbing anything and everything.
  • He’ll lay on the ground for a few minutes at a time, the Bumbo a few minutes, and the Baby Bjorn he likes fairly well. I bet if we had the einstein jumper out of storage he would like that a lot! Tommy was his age when we first put him in it.
  • Now he’ll sometimes try and put BOTH hands in his mouth. He’s ALWAYS chewing on them…always. He isn’t real fussy though so I still don’t think teeth are coming. I remember Tommy being extra fussy! He is drooling ALL the time though and is clothes get really wet, really quick. I gave Tyler one of Tommy's toys to look at while he was on his tummy. When Tommy saw he said, "Oh no! Baby Tyler don't drool on that!"
  • He squeals now, whether he’s happy or fussy. He would make the perfect pig for Halloween!
  • I attached 2 videos. I recorded Tyler giggling with Matt last weekend. Then I found a video of Tommy giggling at the same thing at exactly 4 months old.
He really is such a good baby and I feel so blessed! We love him to pieces!

2011.10.13
Is the picture below not the sweetest, cutest,
most precious face you’ve ever seen?
Don’t deny it.
2011.10.13 b

Tyler
Tommy

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Those pictures are adorable!!!