Sucker time! ( a frequent treat at Mimi’s)
This visit was challenging in that Tommy and Maggie were at the age of really picking at each other. I can only imagine what sibling rivalry will be like! At times it seemed constant and consistent!Granted-there was a cold going around that they all seemed to have and poor Dylan was teething like crazy, but there were still plenty of time-outs, forced sharing, and even an early bed time. Tommy missed out on swimming and it seemed like the first time he really felt the consequences for his behavior. Timeouts and spanking have never got a reaction out of him like I saw when I told him he couldn’t go swimming. After having already seen Maggie and Mimi in the pool and crying about it before finally falling asleep, he woke up the next morning and said in a pitiful, whiny voice, “I’m a good listener! Can I go swimming with Mimi and Maggie now?” He was pretty good for most of that day but unfortunately it didn’t last….
What they DID do all together, happily, was listen to this awesome book with CD called “Pete the Cat:I Love My White Shoes” It teaches them about colors and has a catchy song that Tommy, Maggie, and Dylan would dance to. I just ordered it and can’t wait to play it with Tommy again!
We went to Chuck-E-Cheese on Tuesday night and Tommy loved on Bob the Builder (Still his favorite). He would NOT let Mimi put money in there. He still doesn’t like to ‘ride’ the ride-just sit. When he saw Mimi coming with a token he quickly got out! He makes me laugh
On Thursday we went to Mimi’s school and Tommy loved it! His favorite toy was the vacuum!
Tommy needed a hair cut desperately! We went to the place Papa goes to, which is where Matt and I Autrey went growing up. This was the first time he wasn’t in a firetruck to get his haircut and at first he really started whimpering. He held on to me and was really stiff throughout the cut. So stiff that I don’t think he realized his head was dropping lower and lower. That first pictures is how he was most of the time. Papa held it up so Danny could finish the cut. I made a ‘buzzzz’ sound which made Tommy smile for half a second which is how I got that last picture. He looks SO big when his hair is cut. He’s growing up way too fast!It makes me a little sad
The cut looks great though. Thanks Papa!
Tyler is finally starting to catch up to sweet baby Joey. Joey, who is so cute and smiley by the way, has a bigger head and is chunkier overall, but Tyler’s belly is about the same size as his!
They tried to shake hands
There were lots of cartoons going on which were often accompanied by fishy crackers-
We went to the Children’s museum on Friday and Tommy stayed in this truck area the majority of the time. It’s really neat, filled with tiny rubber pieces they can fill the machines with and dump. Tommy was filling up this dump truck and as you can see from the second picture, there were some sneaky hands emptying it
Dylan was not interested in picture taking by any means!
Tommy left the truck area for a few minutes to get in the fire truck. He had the most fun though, when he discovered the fireman’s pole!
There was also swimming, shopping, and even exercising! Nope, no pictures of that thank goodness. Lori, Shilo, and I did a workout DVD (yes, with 5 children in the house!) and sad to say it was the first time I’d really exercised since being pregnant. We were all really sore but it definitely felt good. Even the kiddos joined us and Tommy was pretty cute trying to imitate us. For some reason he picked on Shilo and kept telling her to ‘jump, Shilo, jump!’ at the hardest part of the workout! Poor Shilo! but she was a good sport
Tommy already misses Maggie, despite all the fighting, and he's already asking to go back to Mimi's house. Matt flew back into Houston and we drove back to Fort Worth on Sunday. We'll be here for one more week and then…..I’m avoiding that blog post for as long as I can…could you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment