I’ve been trying to be better about planning activities for Tommy to do during the day. Aside from trying to keep the house perfect for showings, we didn’t have a whole lot to do. The heat was still ridiculous and most of his toys were packed away in the garage. I did find these printables though, and was pretty proud of how much he did. We talked about the letter P and I guided him around the house to find things that started with that letter. Then he did these tracing sheets. He prefers pens over any other writing tool. After I showed him how to trace the large P, he did the lower case p. He had his own, round about, way of doing it, but I still thought it looked pretty good for a 2 1/2 year old. He did the other page pretty well too, but then he decides to do his own thing, which is completely fine. And last, just like his cousin Maggie, he LOVES his scissors. He holds them upside down, but can cut and cut away for ages. It makes for a nice mess of tiny papers but not a big deal

. So, I just had to blog about it so I can look back myself and see I’m being somewhat productive in teaching my little man. Especially now that we will be in a hotel 80% of our time and the TV may be on more than it should….


Right now Tommy is:
*using the word ‘probably’ (not sure where he got that one)
*If he didn’t hear me or understand what I said he says, '”What you sayin’ mom/mommy?”
*instead of yes, he’ll sometimes says “um…sure”
*says “Let me have it” when he wants something (working on that!)
*Whenever I sing the lullaby song and say “Hush, little baby don’t say a word, Mommy’s going to buy you a….” he stops me and says '”No,no, Papa buy you”. So he has to have the song go “Papa’s going to buy you a mockingbird”…and so on.
*Also says “what?” “what?” a million times (just for fun) until you are tired of repeating yourself. Then I finally say ‘nevermind’
*Today he came up to Tyler and said “I am a best best friend to you!”
*He is ALWAYS talking….always. It’s fun to have conversations with him, hear his stories, and hear how he perceives the world (ex. “I need to put my cars away cuz the man will clean the room and take them and they’ll be lost and I won’t have them anymore"-referring to the hotel maids)….but sometimes ….just sometimes….I need a few seconds of quiet

I told Tommy to go wash his hands and I found him in the bathroom turning off the light, making a silly face, then turning the light back on to see himself. It made me laugh

I love how he gets excited about the smallest things and thinks life is so great at random moments of the day. I need to have this attitude.



No comments:
Post a Comment