Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Galveston!

Matt flew into Houston Thursday night and Friday we headed to Galveston for a weekend at the beach. It’s not the most beautiful beach by any means but it’s close and affordableSmile I had been talking about going somewhere a month or two ago and I figured Galveston was where we could go to relax a little (as much as you can with two kids) and where Tommy could have fun. It wasn’t planned to be on my birthday but it ended up  that way and was really fun. I woke up to Matt telling Tommy, Today is Mommy’s Birthday. Tommy leaned over, smiled, and said, Happy Birthday Mommy! Matt said, how does it feel to be 25? I laughed and said GREAT! hahaha
Tommy loved the sand and after getting a few sand toys, he stayed out there for hours. Matt would build a castle and Tommy would destroy it. Tommy also threw a soccer ball and football in the beach, played ring around the rosie with me, then fell asleep on Matt’s shoulder while walking into the ocean. Tyler and I just chilled under the umbrella. It was warm like it is everywhere else, but there was a nice breeze, and it really was a relief from the heat. On Saturday, we had slushy's and crackers for lunch, then ate at Landry’s for dinner. Now I’m not a big seafood fan, but I remember when I came to visit Matt’s parents when we were dating, I got this lemon butter dipping sauce with my chicken and it was divine! I ordered it again and it was everything I remembered. Yum! Then Matt ran to Kroger and bought a yummy Key Lime Pie. Tommy enjoyed it in a plastic cup from the hotelSmile It was a fun weekend but we wish the rest of the fam could have come. Unfortunately Maggie came down with a stomach bug, poor thing. Now we are back in Houston for another week and get to play with Dylan and Maggie!
photo 2DSC09777
photo 4DSC09803
DSC09764
DSC09778DSC09742DSC09745

DSC09774DSC09756DSC09780photo 3

DSC09776
DSC09790DSC09788DSC09806DSC09812

No comments: