Week 1
We left for our first trip to Amarillo as a family on Labor Day. Matt has been working there for a couple weeks now. On the way we stopped at Sonic and my cherry lime-aid lid was not on all the way as I took a drink while feeding Tyler. Tyler and I needed to change clothes! (pic 1) Tommy did well, taking a good nap and coloring the rest of the way. The hotel room at Homewood Suites was much smaller than we thought it would be. It was a studio with a tiny tiny kitchenette. With all of our stuff-clothes, toys, playpen, and bouncer, it was tight. There was no room in our car for a stroller so it really limited us on places to go. I didn’t have the Baby Bjorn either! The first day I didn’t have the car and thought I was going to go nuts! I had to get creative….which is not my element.We went down to the lobby often and noticed the Tommy-sized lion statue . I tried to make a game of him throwing his football and seeing if he could land it in the circle on the carpet. exciting I know….but it kept Tommy busy for a whole 5 minutes. Tyler laid on the sofa a lot, cooing and smiling. He decided to have a fussy time and that was 3:00 pm. Almost on the dot and everyday, whether he was asleep or awake at 3:00 he would start fussing. It wouldn’t last too long but long enough! We played a little basketball at the hotel. I did the best I could while holding Tyler and must say I got pretty good shooting with one hand! But Tommy had the most fun when Daddy played with him after work. You can definitely tell he's been stuck in a hotel room all day (video below)! The weather was nice but I didn’t want to hold Tyler while being at a park with Tommy, and I already feel bad that Tyler’s been in the car seat as much as he has.
Anyway, what we DID do was find the libraries! There are 5 around the entire city and not too far a part from each other. The first one was in the neighborhood we had been looking at houses. We made it to the story time and it was okay. I realized I’m never going to find a librarian and story time like the one here. I love it! They didn’t have any books displayed in the room. No puppets, crafts, music, bells, or bubbles! Yes, the story time here has all of that! But the lady did a couple of fun songs, and read the story in a way that made all the kids listen and laugh…so I guess that’s what it’s ultimately about. Well, in Amarillo some of the libraries have story time or activities 3-4 times a week. (I believe it’s because there’s nothing else to do but I could be wrong
I had to laugh…..
Tommy usually fell asleep after that so the day went by a little quicker.
As for homes-we went looking with our Realtor on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Matt had narrowed it down to just a few and now we are to the point of deciding which one. The homes are SO much more expensive there. I feel like we’re downsizing and yet paying tens of thousands more! So right now there isn’t one home that stands out. When we walked into the home we have now, we knew it was THE one. We haven’t had that feeling and probably won’t. We will have to decide among factors like being close to a park (no houses have much of a yard), close to an elementary, nicer neighborhood, better school, bigger kitchen, and extra play/craft room. No home has all of this. S0……that’s where we are on that.
And the drive home on Friday night was pretty rough so….I decided to stay in Fort Worth this next week….
Tiny hotel with hubby or alone at home-is there a lesser of two evils?
1 comment:
Houses are that much more expensive there?! That so stinks!
Post a Comment