-He’s getting SO chunky! His face is rounder, belly fatter, and his thighs are so big and squeezable!
-He’s now in 3-6 month clothes and although they fit well in the belly, the length can be snug on some of them-he’s very long (like Tommy). I think he can fit into a size 2 shoe, but I haven’t tried yet.
-He laughs and squeals, usually by just a smile or the roll of your tongue. He’ll raise his hands up to his face when he smiles and look like he’s bashful. It’s adorable.
-He has lost much of the hair that was on the top of this head. It wasn’t much but he did have some. I went back and looked at his newborn pictures. It was there and pretty dark. He DOES still have hair on the back of his neck. He looks like an old man from the back!
-He will smile at Tommy too, if he’s not smothering his face (which is 90% of the time.) I think now that Matt and I are often looking at Tyler, and trying to make him giggle and smile, Tommy’s really started to act up. The week Matt was working in Amarillo, Tommy would randomly come up and ‘hit’ Tyler. Hit is probably too strong of a word, but it was more than a tap. I knew it was sometimes due to being tired, but I think it also had to do with me always holding Tyler, and Tommy not having anyone else to play with. Time outs didn’t seem to phase him but going to his room at night with the door shut, sure did (he had a night light.) Afterwards he tell me “I’ll be a good listener mommy!” (and he is….for about 2 minutes) Poor Tyler…
-He drools and sucks on his fingers ALL the time. Sometimes it will be the first two fingers, sometimes the middle two, or even the whole fist! He isn’t fussy but I wonder if teeth are coming. Tommy’s first tooth came at 4.5 months so…..could be starting (hopefully not, though)
-AND he’s started sucking his thumb! (3.5 months) ‘Oh no!’ I keep thinking! At least with a binky I can take it away. If he’s lying down squirming for a even a few minutes, he finds his thumb….ugh…Not sure what to do there.
-He’ll take his pacifier in the car (like to and from Amarillo) if he’s not hungry.
-Sleep has been going well, but since he’s out of the swing at nights and in our bed, he wakes up to eat about 2:30 and 5:30. I still can’t complain because he goes right back to sleep!
-He hasn’t been nearly as fussy as he used to be. He occasionally has his gassy times but other than that he’s a peach! I’ve still tried to stay away from a lot of dairy. Mainly because I feel better when I do, but maybe it helps Tyler too.
-He’s learning to sit up well in the Bumbo seat.He looks so big in it! I didn’t get one for Tommy until he was 5 months old, so I wasn’t sure how Tyler would do right now. Obviously, from the pics, he still leans to one side, but he’s definitely getting stronger.
-When lying on his back, he’s starting to arch it. He’s close to rolling over.
-Also, when lying on his back or in the bouncer, he kicks and kicks, and flails his arms like he has somewhere to get to! (still happy while doing this). He’ll also purse his lips while doing this. We sometimes here him while riding in the car, kicking and cooing. He also purses his lips.
-He is so close to grabbing toys that are in front of him. He HAS done it a handful of times but he’ll also attempt and miss quite a bit.
Next Christmas card pic
Poor Tyler is about to get bombarded with a lion
I sure love watching this little man grow!
And I cut my hair. Not at all the length I wanted, but it’s growing on me. hahaha…get it? I have to laugh more….living in a hotel….no friends, except the maids(although I need to learn Spanish
2 comments:
I love your hair! It looks so cute and makes me want to cut my hair! I hope you guys will be in a new home soon! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to be in a hotel with two little boys! Good luck! Let me know when you have more of a permanent address!
He is such a doll! So handsome!! Ella sucked her thumb for a while and gave it up on her own. Maybe Tyler will too? I'm so glad the gassy/fussy times are going away!!!
Post a Comment