Monday, August 15, 2011

My Runaway Bunny

Every day I think about and struggle with the fact that I can’t spend as much time with Tommy. He has been really good and understanding when it comes to taking care of Tyler.  And Tyler is not a high-maintenance baby either. He sleeps quite a bit during the day and is generally pretty good until the evenings. On that note, earlier this week Tommy had been playing by himself throughout the day while I was taking care of Tyler and trying to get the house ready to sell. I had found “The Runaway Bunny” book in our bookcase and wanted to read it to him. When I asked him, he was not interested at all. After asking him multiple times later that day, I finally said, “OK, I’m going to read it to Tyler.” As soon as I read the first line, “Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away.” Tommy’s head immediately popped up! He slowly came over as I read further into the book. He started laughing while saying “He wanted to run away! hahaha” This really is funny because Tommy will run away as soon as we say, “Let’s change your diaper” or “We need to put on your shoes.” Then as I drag ask him to come back, he laughs and says, “I ran away!”  When I got to the end, I said, “So he stayed because he loves his mommy.” Then Tommy gets a big smile,  hugs me, and says, “I love my mommy!”  It melted my heart Smile


*Right now Tommy has a love/hate relationship with shoes. He likes to try on everyone else’s shoes, no matter the size. Also, as soon as we get in the car to go some where  he likes to take his shoes off.
*He now randomly says, Mom! or Dad! rather than Mommy/Daddy. It makes me a little sad because he sounds too big! ;(
*He calls my phone his “Hi Phone”
*On my phone I have the hymns and he LOVES “Praise to the Man.” He likes to sing it and it’s a good marching songWinking smile When I start to sing it he says, “Sing the ‘Jesus Appointed’”
*Cute stuff he’s said:
“Tyler is so cute to me!”
“I am so cute to Tyler!”
“Put Tyler down and play with me?” I think it’s funny it’s in the form of a questionSmile

He can be a real stinker but I love my runaway bunny!
photo 2photo 3photo 5

1 comment:

Natalie said...

ahhh...sniff sniff. :)