Starting last night, Matt gave Tommy a blessing. A blessing I truly had faith in.
Tommy woke up today and we played. We picked up all 10 leaves that had fallen from our tree and Tommy used his plastic rake to get them in a pile. We played in the sand. We danced to songs...and finally it was nap time (11:00). He was awake all last night, for what seemed like no reason at all. Just awake amd wanting to watch Elmo. So he slept in a little bit.
I gave him his cut binky, telling him it was broken. At first he didn't care and kept sucking. Then he'd take it out, look at it, stick his finger in the hole, and put it back in. Then I gave him his new Elmo (I have had in the closet for this day). He smiled and wrapped his arm around his neck as I told him Elmo was tired and needed to go to sleep. I layed him down and he cried for a little bit. I went in and picked him up and he seemed fine, so I decided to forgo the nap. We played more, had lunch, played, and by 2:45 he was exhausted. He asked for the binky and I said it was broken. I layed him down with elmo. I took a shower and then went to check on him, and found this. So cute.
He only slept for an hour but I'll take it! We played and had dinner. I knew I should get him really tired, so we walked over to the corner frozen yogurt shop. Before we left the house, I said, "We need to get our shoes on so we can go on a walk and get a treat." On the way, he started running and said "Fast!", then he yelled. "TREAT!" I had to laugh. So we had our treat, called Daddy on the way home (he left for Ohio today) and then took a bath. He was SO tired. He asked for the binky, I again, said it was broken, and gave him elmo. He also had a truck in his hand I let him keep. We did our bedtime routine and I layed him down. There was silence, then a few minutes of calling me, "mama, mama" and then silence. Yay!
If only I were so lucky that he'd sleep through the night...hahaha. Nevertheless, this day has been much easier than I thought it was going to be. Tommy really is such a sweet and good boy. I love him so much!
2 comments:
Congrats! Sarah still has hers at nap time and bed time. Someday!
Good luck! After 3 weeks of no naps, we caved and gave Hayden his binky back for naps.
Post a Comment