Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maggie's Birthday!


Friday night we got on a plane and headed to Seattle (4 hours) to celebrate Miss Maggie's 3rd birthday.
10-10-10. I think that is the coolest!
Tommy was so excited to get on the bus. The song "Wheels on the Bus" came to life for him!

He was saying 'airplane' all day and was REALLY excited to get on the plane.




Although, the flight was a nightmare. Tommy had had a runny nose that day and I didn't think much of it. For the first hour of the flight he played with books and cars. Then he watched Elmo for awhile, but started to get really tired. It was 10:00 afterall. We did have a row to ourselves so Tommy would lay down on the middle seat and close his eyes for a minute. Then he'd get up and wiggle around. It wasn't until he actually fell asleep that he woke up screaming. He fell back asleep in my arms for what seemed like seconds, only to awake crying again.I stood up with him for about 20 minutes in the back of the plane until he fell asleep again. Again, only minutes later he woke up crying and was completely inconsolable. It was awful. He wasn't really pulling at his ears but I knew that's what it was because of his nose, and the fact that he was completely asleep but then would wake up crying. Of course I didn't bring the Motrin and we tried the numbing drops in his ears but I think it was too late. Nothing worked. Anyway, so he was in pain for half the flight and I felt so bad for him. We met up with Mimi and Papa, and made it to the hotel. That night Tommy was awake, coughing a lot. Matt went to the store and bought IB Profin, nasal drops, and a bulb syringe.After that. it was 3:00 in the morning our time, so we put Tommy in the car and drove around until he fell asleep. Matt and I without having to say it, just pulled into the hotel parking lot, and reclined our seats. There was no way were taking the chance of waking him up. Well, after about an hour, Tommy woke up coughing again. His throat was really hurting him. So Matt drove around and this routine continued multiple times until Matt was too tired to drive. In the hotel room, I ran a hot shower to produce steam and relieve some of his congestion. Tommy played with soap in the sink for about 40 minutes. After that, Tommy finally fell asleep, although it was not uninterupted sleep. Saturday morning we took Tommy to a clinic we had seen along the road we drove down multiple times that night. It was not an Instacare but they told us of one nearby. The doctor said he did not have a full blown ear infection but he did have a lot of negative pressure behind his ears, which would definitely cause discomfort on an airplane. He did a test to measure this negative pressure, one I had never seen before. So he gave him antibiotics to help prevent an ear infection and relieve that pressure for when we made the flight home on Monday. Phew...
So Tommy slept the whole way to Sequim (2 hours) and we barely made it to Maggie's party!

They had balloons which were a big hit! Tommy seemed to be much better after getting some sleep.
Playing with blocks and a little toy that Tommy was using as an umbrella,
once he saw Maggie and Mimi do it.
                           This was a 'Kiss the Frog' game like a 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey'

Maggie's 'girl friends' couldn't make it to her party so it ended up being all boys, Bodee, Ryker and Tommy. They didn't mind playing the game, but they definitely didn't want to be blindfolded.
At the end, Maggie put all of the kisses on the frog's mouth-Winner!


                                                          Next Game-A Treasure Hunt
Lori is explaining all the fairytale objects they have to find.
  
-a sword

-an apple


'check, and check! yep, found them all!'

Ring pops! (Tommy sucked on his like a binky, no finger needed)

CAKE! Maggie got a beautiful princess cake

Tommy was very intrigued

BLOW! The chocolate cake was for the rest of us, decorated beautifully by Maggie herself!

PRESENTS!

Tommy loved Maggie's new leap frog laptop! Tommy got Maggie a Tinkerbell dress and I think she liked it. She's wearing it in the background.

Dancing to the computer music!


Later that day we went to a pumpkin patch.

There was a corn maze and this slide.


Cute Maggie-a little nervous

Truckin' along

The end was this tunnel slide. He absolutely loved it! He looked so cute holding still, while, bumpily going down.




'Again! Again!'
Mimi took a much better picture of this. Actually, she took a lot of great pictures that I will need to get!


We went to a restaurant that night and had really yummy steak.
Maggie and Tommy hugging at the restaurant. It's more like a tackle from Tommy.
Saturday night, everyone but Lori and I went swimming. I was exhausted from the night before. The water was really cold and the hot tub was too hot for Tommy so we didn't stay long. Tommy slept the whole night through! Yay!
Sunday morning we went to church and then...
more dancing at the hotel
We went to the Olympic Game Farm where you can feed animals from your car. It was crazy!
Lori feeding a Llama!

Tommy's reaction to the Llama

Once we saw the Rhino Tommy repeated "Rhino" many times. It was huge!

The Stare Down

Check out this bear! He looked quite drunk. It was hilarious!


I think the bear was about to fall over

Maggie got a camera for her birthday and put it to good use!

This was too funny. A little too close for Mimi's comfort

Ginormous buffalo! This is when Mimi is yelling at Papa to 'Go! Go! Go!'
and 'You're not supposed to stop!! GO!'

Yes, Tommy got to drive, very very slowly, but he didn't care. Papa was the absolute greatest in Tommy's world and remained the greatest for the rest of the trip.


There was also a petting zoo where Tommy pet a goat and a sheep. My camera ran out of batteries so that's the end of the pics.
We went for icecream and relaxed at the hotel after that. Well, relaxed isn't the right word for Tommy. Maybe it was the icecream, or just the excitement of Maggie, but they were both running around the room screaming and laughing. Then they both got on the bed and Tommy started to bulldoze Maggie. She just took it, as I tried to pry him off and tell him he was too rough. The next thing he's saying is "I rough!" I told him to be soft with Maggie, to give her a hug. He went in for a hug, and then tricked us all, and bulldozed her again! It was pretty funny, and we were all laughing, but I was really worried he was going to hurt her. Mimi said, "Has he been watching wrestlemania or something?" I said "NO! I have no idea where this is coming from" Eventually we came to the conclusion that he's just a boy...ALL boy!
Monday morning we went to the park and played until it time to leave. We said our goodbyes, and Tommy slept most of the 2 hour drive back to Seattle. He did great on the flight home! Thanks to some sleep, Elmo, and cars!
We were very thankful to get to spend Maggie's birthday with her. We love her so much!

No comments: