Tyler turned the BIG ONE on Wednesday. He went in for his well-check appointment on Thursday. They forgot to give me the paper with his stats but I do remember his weight-21.9 lbs. The pediatrician said all of his numbers were right on his growth curve, so he his doing well, although….she did find one of his ears to be infected. I don’t think I updated the blog on the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. We went on June 6th and when he looked in Tyler’s ears he said they weren’t infected but they did have fluid in them. In order to get the fluid out, we decided to try a small dose of antibiotic everyday for about 3 weeks, to see if that would clear it up. If that didn’t work, then really our only other option would be tubes. Well, when I heard his ear was infected I was frustrated and at a loss on what to do. The pediatrician gave me a different antibiotic but before I picked the prescription up, I wanted to talk to the ENT doctor first. I ended up telling the nurse about his ear infection, despite being on the Amoxicillin and she relayed it to the ENT. He suggested we go ahead with the new antibiotic (for 10 days) and if it doesn’t get any better in the next few days, we should come in…probably to go ahead with tubes. The thing is, we really didn’t know he had an infection. I wouldn’t know if it isn’t getting healed because he seems to be acting okay. He doesn’t sleep great but when he wakes up he goes right back to sleep. He still has a cough and runny nose, despite our efforts of an air purifier (although now we get to try local honey too, to see if that will help-assuming he has allergies). So that’s where we’re at on that.
- He’s wearing many of Tommy’s 18 month clothes now and size 3 shoe.
- He naps at least twice a day, but often wakes up early for some reason or another.
- Tyler still has to put his fingers in my mouth while sucking his thumb to fall asleep. He also feels around my face and will even stick his fingers up my nose (has given me a bloody nose before).
- He had a tiny toy elephant and was tickling his foot with it.
- He crawls around, shutting doors and then cries when he can’t see me anymore.
- He stood up to the water table, let go, and clap!
- He holds his palms out and hands up when he wants something-as if he’s saying “please.” If he REALLY wants something he reaches his hand out and whines. He also shakes his head when you try and give him something he doesn’t want.
- He does ‘more’ in sign language all the time.
- He likes to pull lids off markers, lids off anything really….
- He loves to throw his head back and smile
- He does a fake laugh that makes you laugh! Matt calls him ‘Gus Gus’ because that’s what it sounds like

- He stood on his hands and feet, then looked under his legs. He saw me and then laughed.
- He also waves and says ‘ba ba’ for ‘bye bye’
- HE took six steps 3 days before his birthday and is walking in short lengths across the room
- He clasped his hands for prayer for the first time-quite precious!
Tyler had a pretty fun birthday. We did a “Very Hungry Caterpillar” theme, kind of last minute. I quickly decided to invite a few friends over for lunch a few days before. Fortunately everyone was able to make it, and it turned out great. We had much of the food that’s in the book, although Tyler doesn’t like fruit
He ate all the sausage and ‘swiss cheese’ . We got a few balloons and I put up his monthly pictures. His little face really hasn’t changed that much-but he sure is a porker! I had a little bubble machine going and the kids played outside for a little while. As the kiddos ate lunch, I read, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” Then we did presents. Tyler was giving me the sweetest kisses during it. TOMMY had to see and try everything. His sweet friend Noah actually did bring him a little cars water bottle (pic of that in Tyler’s mouth), Cars water gun, and Cars snack container. So nice! Tyler received a bunch of books, singing toy duck for the bath, outside water toys, and a puzzle. I ordered his caterpillar cake from a yummy bakery and we used the head as his smash cake. He really dug into it but didn’t eat very much. I think it was partly due to the fact that, by then, it was naptime.
awww, Tommy had to share….
Making some music with friends….
Kissing a sweet colored card from Luci!
Sugar Sugar! Love it!
I’m glad Tyler didn’t start crying, although he looks like he’s about to, when all of us sang to him!
Of course, the hat stayed on for maybe 1.25 seconds
Hahaha Mommy, the hat fell off!
All done!
Cupcake face!
The clean-up!
‘On Saturday, he ate through one lollipop…’
Tyler’s friends:Noah and Sophie Scherer, Ellie Humphries, Mikala Schick, Tyler, Tommy, Luci Cucullo, Raegan Humphries, Tyson and Austin Van Every.
All sugared and tuckered out!
Happy 1st Birthday little man! We sure love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment