Saturday, June 23, 2012

Random


Here are a few tidbits of random stuff going on lately.
  • Tommy started a weekly music class at a professional studio that my friend told me about. They sing and use instruments while doing actions around the room. His  favorite is the drum right now. I have to get Tommy to do a lot of the actions and sing, but Tyler starts dancing away as soon as we sing. Although he’s not officially a part of the class, they let me bring him. Originally it was supposed to be two classes of younger and older children, where the older children were supposed to stay with the teacher while the parents either watched from the lobby or left. I didn’t know it turned out to be just one class and that I was expected to stay and participate so…. Tyler gets to join in. Here are some pictures of his ‘drummer’ friendsSmile. Tyler rocked out afterwards at home. He now uses his forefingers to hit each key, so cute.

IMG_5966IMG_5964music classIMG_5968IMG_5974
  • On Memorial Day we finally cleaned out a bunch of our garage and hung pictures up in Tommy’s room. I still have some updating to do on the pictures, obviously. Tommy got to go in the attic and help Dad. I told him that pretty much gets you father-of-the-year. I finally finished a project-this wooden growth chart. Tommy was so excited to get measured. He always talks about ‘growing bigger and bigger', up to the sky.’ He has grown an inch and a half since January! As I was finishing up the numbers and about to put up a wooden train (above the ‘watch me grow’), I said to Matt, “I’m pretty sure our kids aren’t going to be taller than 6’2”. He said, “You think they’re going to let you measure them then? with that train on it?” um…. possibly not, but for now…
IMG_5911IMG_5915IMG_5916IMG_5917IMG_5927
IMG_5926IMG_5930
  • Tommy and I also did a week of swimming lessons. The water was so cold that it was hard to get him to really loosen up. He would just cling to me and shiver. After about 10 minutes in the water, and a few mentions of a treat afterwards, he would kick his legs, scoop the water, and blow bubbles. He also liked jumping into the water for me to catch him (he’s always loved doing that). Sticking his whole head in the water was something we still need to work on, and lying on his back. Letting the water go in his ears just freaked him out. He would only let me hold him in the ‘superman’ position-on his belly.  

  • Playing with the fire truck. Tyler is such a monkey!
IMG_5875IMG_5851IMG_5859IMG_5861IMG_5863IMG_5865IMG_5869
  • Tyler’s getting so tall. He loves Tommy’s little leapfrog computer-mainly to open and shut itSmile
IMG_5832
  • More fire truck!
IMG_5903
  • We’ve been doing a some science experiments and this one was cornstarch and water. When you mix it quickly it turns into a solid and when you stop, it goes back to being a liquid. Tommy didn’t like it at first, but then got into it and played for quite awhile. Tyler had to see what was going on too.
  • We’ve also made Lava Lamps, and used vinegar and baking soda to air up a balloon attached to a water bottle. Tommy loved it and we had to do it multiple times!
IMG_5935IMG_5939
  • I should have put this in Tyler’s 1 Year post. I’ve always had  a hard time getting  him to eat fruit, but lately I’ve discovered a few things he enjoys-Bananas (whole, not cut up in ANY way)
IMG_5949IMG_5951IMG_5955
Blackberries-although he didn’t love, he still ate a few!
IMG_5991IMG_5995IMG_5994

And Watermelon!
IMG_6013IMG_6000
  • He’s also been sticking his tongue out after bites and saying ‘aahhh.’
IMG_6070IMG_6074IMG_6082
  • Tyler loves light switches and the door locks!
IMG_5979IMG_5980
  • I LOVE these moments!
IMG_5984
IMG_6647IMG_6649

  • Waterslide!
IMG_6049
(doing the ‘more’ sign)
IMG_6051
IMG_6054IMG_6059IMG_6065IMG_6063
  • I realized I haven’t taken hardly any pictures of Tyler sleeping. I took so many of Tommy. I love sleeping pictures. They’re so precious.
IMG_6197
  • Tyler playing with his new birthday toys-(not the ipad, but he does love it), the stacking stars, and this water/sand table from Mimi and Papa. Tommy is getting the most out of Tyler’s toysSmile

IMG_6431IMG_6426
IMG_6432IMG_6433
  • Tommy’s most recent and favorite game to play is ‘Pillow Fight.’ We throw the pillow at him and he tries to block it and hit it back. It’s quite hilarious when it knocks him down. Matt was throwing it this time and Tommy took all the hits AND was asking for more!
playing 'pillow fight'playing 'pillow fight'IMG_6452IMG_6449
Here are the pics from the library event, right before the car keys catastrophe.We try and meet up with Noah whenever we can!

IMG_6616IMG_6638IMG_6628IMG_6632IMG_6637
And finally-here are some words from Tom Tom
  • We built a fort and I overheard Tommy saying a prayer in it, in a high-pitched voice “Heavenly Father, please bless that the fort won’t fall on me and I’ll be safe.” It was SO cute and hilarious at the same time.
  • One morning while eating breakfast, Tommy said to me, “Do you remember the rabbits I dreamed about? I went out by myself and Daddy said. “Don’t touch the rabbits!”
  • Tommy uses the word ‘actually’ quite often.(in the right context too)
  • One night when Matt was putting Tommy to sleep he said, “Daddy, you’re my best friend…and Mommy is Tyler’s best friend” It broke my heart when Matt told me that:(
  • We pulled up to a drive-thru and when Matt asked Tommy what he wanted to eat, he said, “I don’t care.” He sounded like such a teenager, and yes, he really did care.
  • He always asks me, “Ready to go Tap?” He says it’s from Octonauts and laughs after he says it.
  • Tommy was in the garage playing with a cord on the bikes. I asked him if he was ready for lunch. He said, “Not yet. I’m still workin’
And as I said in Tyler's last update, he loves to swing!

No comments: