Around the time Tommy was potty training, we were driving around and saw a police car with its lights on. Tommy asked where he was going and I said maybe to an accident. Tommy asked, "Did they pee?"
Well now Tommy knows what an accident is.......
Monday night we went swimming for about an hour at the town club, then picked up some dinner and headed home. About 3 minutes from home we passed a stoplight and someone was turning left into a CVS, only yards from the light. It made the truck in front of us stop suddenly short and we stopped suddenly short. When this happens I ALWAYS look in my rearview mirror, worried the car behind me won't stop in time. Matt was driving and I looked in my side mirror to see the truck stop ok. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked forward, then BAM. Apparently the truck behind him was trying to make it through the yellow light. At least that's what a witness had said. It was a very hard hit but we were all okay. Tyler started crying, then Tommy, but it didn't last very long. Tommy was asking about all the policemen and firefighters, although wouldn't talk to them when they asked if he was ok. Everyone else was ok and at least the guy has insurance. It could have been a lot worse and we are counting our blessings.
It makes the video below mean so much more:)
No comments:
Post a Comment