My cute little duster
Tommy Update
All the things this 3 year old has said, done, or currently likes
- the last day Papa was here for his birthday they were getting in the car and Tommy said, “Papa, do you have your own teeth?” I think this is coming from a conversation everyone was having about a football players teeth the day before…but who knows
- He did something he wasn’t supposed to so I took Percy the train away. He came up to me holding Arthur (the train)and in a tearful voice said, “But Mommy, Percy is Arthur’s best friend.”
- When talking about Baptism, he said, “But I don’t want to get my clothes wet.”
- Tommy went to the dentist last month. No cavities BUT from the x-rays there is one permanent tooth that could be a “peg lateral.” It’s shaped differently, like a sharpened pencil, which is what the dentist told me and said there’s nothing to do for it. He’ll just have to get a Veneer put over it. With that being said, they weren’t positive about it. Because I had Tyler, I didn’t go in the x-ray room and they said he moved a little bit. They tried a second time and he still moved. So they couldn’t tell for sure…hopefully it’s fine.
- When driving in the car, I heard Tommy drop his bag of goldfish crackers. I look in the rearview mirror and with a stoic face he says, “nice.” It was so funny because I could here my voice in that one word. He said it to himself with the same tone as I do when something like that happens. I think you had to be there because it really was hilarious.
- The last week in January Tommy slept in his room all night by himself. I’m sure why and it didn’t last long, but it was nice!
- He picked up on Matt telling me something one of his coworkers did with the last name of Moffatt. In the story Matt said, “Nice one Moffatt.” The next day, out of the blue, Tommy looks at me and says, “Nice one Moffatt!” Now it’s a frequent phrase out of him, mainly because of our reaction.
- Still like to say ‘No problem’ and expects me to laugh
- He constantly talks about himself ‘getting bigger and bigger to reach the sky.” This will be when talking about eating his food, or randomly when I say “Tyler is getting bigger.” He’ll then say, “Am I getting bigger and bigger?”
- When Tyler was really constipated and we were giving him prune juice, Tommy said he wanted some. I kept telling him “I really don’t think you’ll like it.” He assured me he would so gave him a cup. Right before he took a sip, with a smile he said, “See mom, I do like it, I….” Then with that first swallow he stopped smiling but tried to keep smiling. He wasn’t expecting that taste and you could see it on his face. I wish I could have captured the expression…priceless. He still drank it, by the way.
- Tommy is FASCINATED with Volcanoes. A friend from church was playing with him at the park and made a pile of rocks, calling it a volcano. He asked me about it, and then happened to watch a Little Einsteins that had a volcano it. We got a few books at the library on them and with each picture he’ll ask “Is this one erumpting?” So one day we did an experiment and he thought it was pretty neat (pics below)
- He now has to be comfortable when taking a nap and requires putting on ‘pajama pants’ before naptime
- He can make his own peanut butter and honey sandwich (his favorite)
- He likes nursery now, and has improved from the one Sunday he was acting terrible (kicking and such…) specifically with another little girl. Apparently they pick at each other.
- He still loves going to the ‘man store’ (Home Depot), loves Little Einsteins, Thomas Shows, breadsticks (could live on them),and the color pink.
- He's become more interested in coloring (pics below). When doing letter activities, he'll 'let' me be the teacher for a minute or two, and then he's done, wanting to do his own thing.
He thought it was going to taste so good and couldn't keep his fingers off it.
Never a dull moment
1 comment:
Ahh...I loved so many of those! :)
Post a Comment