Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentines!

Tommy had been looking forward to Valentine’s day ever since he saw the heart shaped balloons at Walmart. He kept asking for one to which I always replied, “Maybe for Valentine’s Day.” It finally came and even a little early. The day before, we received a fun package from Grandma and couldn’t wait to open it! It was filled with cards, candy, valentine’s shirts and lots more. There was also some money for Tommy to buy a toy, and he picked out the binoculars shown below, with no pants. ..don’t ask. It snowed on Sunday, but was a beautiful day that Monday, so we played outside, blew bubbles, and let Tyler discover the grass. He really doesn’t mind it and liked to pull at it.
IMG_3974
IMG_4021IMG_4023
Valentine’s Day Tommy woke up and opened his little mailbox. He found some candy, books, and a lovey-dovey letter from mommy and daddy. Tommy helped make our traditional heart-shaped waffles ( a great wedding gift:) Tommy asked if his hat was a Valentine’s hat. I said yes, it’s red! Then he put it on backwards and said he wanted to be like Daddy:) After that we got ready to meet daddy for lunch.
IMG_4032IMG_4039IMG_4050IMG_4054IMG_4056IMG_4061
We met Matt for lunch at a little tiny shack (literally) called Coyote Bluffs. This place has been on the Food Network for their hamburgers and so I wanted to try it out. Matt had been, saying they were as good or better than a Five Guys or In ‘n Out, and I’d have to agree with him. They had great fries and the burgers were thick and yummy. It was a good choice! Although they did not have high chairs so wiggly Tyler was a handful, but it was still funWinking smile Matt picked up a heart balloon for Tommy and gave it to him at lunch. He was thrilled to say the least.
IMG_4062IMG_4064IMG_4065
(eating a sucker from Grandma-the perfect treat)
IMG_4071
We decided to stay home for dinner since we don’t really do babysitters, yet….and didn’t want to wait forever at a crowded restaurant. Last year we did heart shaped pizzas so I thought we would continue that and make it a tradition. I think Tommy had more fun this year than last!
 (Cute bib from Grandma:)
IMG_4140IMG_4141IMG_4144
IMG_4146IMG_4151
(the goofball thinks it’s so funny to look away when I get the camera out!)
thinks its so funny to look away when im trying to take a pic
Ha! Got him!
IMG_4159IMG_4162
He was a jumping bean while we enjoyed our pizzas!
IMG_4161
For dessert I thought Tommy would really love chocolate fondue. I can’t believe it’s been 9 years ago since I bought this fondue set for Matt. I thought it was so funny he wanted something like that when we were dating, (yes, he really did ask for it) but we’ve had lots of fun with it when having friends over and now with our Tom Tom.
IMG_4170IMG_4171
IMG_4192IMG_4188
A delicious and fun Valentine’s day! I sure love my guys. They treat me the best and I couldn’t ask for any better!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ahhh! What a fun day!! :)