Oh, my sweet boy! I’m sure it was yesterday when I was posting about 7 months….it goes too fast. When I posted about Tommy being 8 months I titled it ‘8 is Great.’ It’s still true.
- This little guy always has something in his mouth…usually fingers…especially when he laughs (as you can tell from pics below)
- He has 6, yes 6, teeth! Teeth 5 and 6, on the top, started popping through within one day of each other so pretty much came at the same time. Poor guy I feel more are coming too…ugh
- He grinds his teeth and it’s the worst sound in the WORLD
- Gets around by scooting like an inch worm. He gets up on his knees and hands, then lunges forward. This gets him to anywhere he wants to go so right now he doesn’t care to actually crawl. Just yesterday though, he moved his arms a couple times….so close.
- He was eating well before he became painfully constipated. He’s tried carrots, avocado (likes as finger food), blueberry yogurt, prunes, prune juice,
- I’ve also given him a fresh baby carrot, frozen carrot, and a frozen bagel to chew on. All of which he can take huge chunks out of so I have to really watch him. But I know it feels good on his teeth.
- Has the pincer grasp down. (uses his thumb and forefinger to grab puffs and other finger food)
- He’ll randomly throw his head back and smile
- He’s transferring objects from one hand to the other
- He can really scream when he doesn’t get something he wants. I was holding him while eating a piece of bread and he tried to grab it. I pulled it away and he threw a fit! Obviously doesn’t care if he’ll choke to death:)
- He will open and close his hand and did this when we were singing Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.
- He will also ‘wave’ his hand backwards when you wave to him. It’s pretty cute
- It is now a huge battle to change his diaper! He’s constantly trying to roll over.
- Tyler will stop what he’s doing and look around the room if he hears Tommy’s voice in the house. He still squeals when he sees him.
- I introduced the sippy cup. Basically he just loves to chew on it. I have to hold it up for him and he’ll take a few swigs

- He loves to unload things. He takes out all the diapers from the diaper sack at least once a day.
- His favorite toys are anything Tommy’s holding, the Leapfrog laptop (he loves to close it), and soft balls he can bite….oh and all of Tommy’s choking hazards (little cars, little pieces from the train table.)
- He gets very excited when he sees Tommy’s toys moving. For example he loves the Lightning McQueen that races and the moving trains.
- He LOVES to “stand.” He loves being in a standing position I should say, whether that’s standing along side the couch or the train table. He laughs, squeals and pounds his hands on whatever surface he’s holding onto. He’s thinking he’s such a big boy! AND he pulled himself up to standing position on the train table by himself. It scared me to death to look over and see! He holds on pretty well until he decides to move his feet….He’s trying to cruise before he can really crawl!
- He is such a FISH! He absolutely loves the water. He loves bath time and even likes the shower. He sits in the bumbo and doesn’t mind water being splashed all over his face. AND if I’m trying to wash my hands while holding him he’ll lean over to play in the faucet, and when the faucet gets turned off…..a fit! He throws a complete fit. This is the first time he’s really cried/whined like that. It’s pretty funny at this age

The chunky monkey’s neck is SO ticklish!
Too, too fun….most of the time
No comments:
Post a Comment