Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Construction Party!

Tommy has always loved machines. He always points them out if he sees one in the car. There are still new houses going up in our neighborhood and while still in the hotel, we drove near one of the sites and I let Tommy just watch the machines work. He loved it. So throwing him a Construction birthday party seemed like the perfect theme. I think Tommy had fun on Saturday. I also think I stressed way too much about it for what it ended up being-four kiddos, two activities, food, and cake. Tommy had his two library friends, Mikala and Luci come, as well as Dylan, Autrey, Shilo, Mimi, and Papa. It wouldn’t have been the same without them!

Birthday Party morning-the goobers in their matching pj’s having some hug time. Autrey has a word for this….
IMG_3314IMG_3321
They first played in the ‘construction zone’ which was machines in a bucket of beans (much easier to clean up than sand) and then they played outside. The weather was windy (of course) but sunny and not too cold. We had Mimi’s bounce house and that was fun for a bit. Then there was a little hammer station where they used tees and foam blocks. This was much more popular than I thought it was going to be. They LOVED it. Tommy’s train table, that came earlier this week for his birthday was also a big hit, especially with Dylan. Each of the kiddos got their picture taken in this construction prop…although, I don’t think Mikala did it. She was loving the beans then.

The décor and food:
IMG_3338IMG_3324
IMG_3526IMG_3340
IMG_3330IMG_3331IMG_3334IMG_3457IMG_3327IMG_3329IMG_3332IMG_3333IMG_3335IMG_3350
IMG_3349IMG_3348IMG_3344IMG_3345IMG_3346IMG_3347
This was taken later but Tommy sure loves his train table!

IMG_3342
IMG_3353
Luci
IMG_3362
Dylan
IMG_3358
Tyler Smile (he wasn’t feeling good today)
IMG_3360
and the birthday man hard at work!
IMG_3536
IMG_3426

IMG_3369IMG_3381IMG_3385IMG_3407IMG_3412IMG_3416IMG_3408

IMG_3432IMG_3438IMG_3445IMG_3442
I also had a slideshow of Tommy’s pictures growing up. He was SO chunky! After having our ‘construction’ food, we sang Happy Birthday to Tommy, who all of a sudden became a bit embarrassed…silly boy. Here is the video:



IMG_3447IMG_3450
IMG_3464IMG_3470

Autrey added a classic construction man’s mustache
IMG_3480
Cone Cups
IMG_3477
IMG_3474IMG_3471
Presents!
He received some really fun gifts. A racetrack from Dylan, walkie talkies from Mimi and Papa, an awesome dump truck from Mikala, and a Look & Find Thomas the Train book and water color paint book from Luci.
IMG_3489IMG_3341IMG_3500IMG_3497
Saying Goodbye and outside fun! It was a fun-filled morning!
IMG_3515IMG_3518IMG_3519IMG_3523
IMG_3528IMG_3529
After a good nap by everyone, we all went to the park. Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese, again! What a day!
The park-swinging Tommy and a dizzy Dylan
IMG_3572IMG_3543IMG_3568IMG_3544IMG_3569

Tyler enjoyed Mimi’s purse at Chuck E. Cheese :) and Tommy was hilarious as he loved putting the air hockey puck in his own slot. Mimi won!
IMG_3577IMG_3578
And he ended the day with some walkie talkie time with dad. We love you construction man! Happy 3rd birthday!
IMG_3587IMG_3590
IMG_3591

3 comments:

Alison Hixson said...

I tried leaving a comment yesterday, but for some reason my mouse stopped working and I don't think it ever saved it! I just wanted to say good job with the party! It looks like so much fun and you did a great job with decorations! I also can't believe that Tommy is 3! It is so sad how fast time goes!

Natalie said...

Wow wow wow!! I'm so sad I couldn't bring my kids! :(

Sarah said...

Look how crafty!!! so so cute! love all the decor! Looks like so much fun!