He loves the John Deer Back Hoe Mimi and Papa gave him for Christmas. He has ridden it all the way around the block!
Our little naked Da Vinci!
Stats:
Weight: 30 lbs. (31%)
Height: 36.5” (28%)
For the most part, Tommy is healthy and growing well. I was completely shocked about his percentile for height. He has always been around the 75th! When the doctor asked about his diet I stressed my concern about his meat intake. He told me about the importance meat has on bone structure as far as length and muscle mass. He didn’t give me any tips on how to get him to eat more….so this just caused more worry. I also talked to him about Tommy’s sleep. He said since he is getting up and coming to our room, it’s just sleep disturbance and he is being rewarded when we let him sleep in our room and in our bed. He suggested putting a gate up in our room and when he wakes up he’ll probably cry by the gate for a couple nights and after realizing he’s not getting in, he’ll stay in his own bed. Then I told him what I saw the other night. I was awake really late and I heard him start crying. I peeked down the hallway and saw him on his knees kind of rocking back and forth. He kept crying with his eyes closed and didn’t get up to come into our room. Finally I went in there and he barely looked at me and continued to cry. After picking him up and rocking him he stopped. That broke my heart and to think if we hadn’t heard him, he’d just be in his room crying….ugh. The doctor then said this was probably a night terror. Which is when they are still asleep and have those deep dreams. He said there’s really nothing you can do for this. When they do start crying you can huddle a blanket over them while gently squeezing them. He said sometimes that works but other than that there’s really nothing you can do.He said it sounded like we have a little of both, sleep disturbances and night terrors. So great….need to figure this out…
- He still loves chicken nuggets and recognizes and says Chick-Fil-A when we drive by it
- He loves all sweets (just like his momma) and isn't picky about what he gets as a reward for going potty.
- He started answering a request with, “No problem!” I’m pretty sure this was from Uncle Buster over Christmas:)
- When he was going into a dark hallway he said, “Daddy, I’m brave!”
- He also uses “SURE!” when I we ask him to do something.
- When he DOESN’T want to do something he begins his sentence with a “Well….” which means no.
- After playing on the floor with Tyler, he says to him, “I’m going to go see MY daddy!”
- When he got down before finishing his breakfast, he told me, “Well, I told myself to get down.”
- He’ll say he’s going to do something he knows he’s not supposed to do and when I say, No you’re not. He makes this sound, “Cha…I’m just kidding!” Ya, hilarious…not!
- We were at Kohl's and Matt was trying on some jeans. After a good while, Matt finally got the pair he needed from a clerk. Tommy and I were walking up to him and I said, Yay, Daddy has his pants. And Tommy yells after me, "Yay! Daddy has his pants on!" hahaha I couldn't stop laughing.
I love the idea of interviewing my kiddos every year on their birthday. Notice the word: IDEA. Getting answers out of him was like pulling teeth! I think he only said some of these answers because they were the first things that popped into his head, and he wanted me to stop asking him questions! Oh well, it’s still cute-
1. What is your favorite color?
Red and Pink. I like pink with Maggie!
2. What is your favorite toy?
A ball
3. What is your favorite fruit?
Apples (this answer took some prodding, but he really does love them)
4. What is your favorite show?
Lightning McQueen!
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?
Pizza (I think he’s rarely ever had pizza for lunch)
6. What is your favorite game?
Football
7. What is your favorite snack?
At nursery. Fishy crackers! (he cheers like he got the question right)
8. What is your favorite animal?
giraffes and elephants
9. What is your favorite song?
Popcorn! (Popcorn popping on the apricot tree)
10.What is your favorite book?
Firetruck
11. Who is your best friend?
His name is daddy! Daddy are you my friend? (Obviously I’m chopped liver)
12. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Donuts!
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Golf!
14. What is your favorite drink?
His name is juice!
15. What is your favorite thing to take to bed with you?
a trumpet! (he’s never taken it to bed with him)
16. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A Fireman!
Oh, what a character! This was all during his chocolate cake, pics below.
Tommy had a great birthday day and still has his birthday party coming up on Saturday. He pretty much had all of his favorite things on his birthday. He woke up and left with dad to get donuts for breakfast. Then came home and opened up a present from Tyler-a bucket of cars. He played with the cars and then went to the mall and played, waiting for the mini-golf to open up. He then had Chick-Fil-A, per his request. Then went mini-golfing (glow in the dark). He fell asleep on the way home and took a nap while Matt went to a co-workers funeral. After naptime we headed to the driving range where he pulled out his great, not-rusty-at-all golf swing. It was a beautiful day and Tyler just chilled and watched! Then we even took him to Chuck E. Cheese that night and he’s still talking about it. He’s expecting to go again with Mimi and Papa on Saturday. We all went last year and I thought I’d post a picture. After Chuck E. Cheese we went home and sang to our little man while having chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It was fun to see him so excited about everything. He still has a Spice for Life!
The Mall
Chick-Fil-A
Mini-Golf
Driving Range
His face is just too cute, I couldn’t leave any pics out!
(Look at those teeth!)
Blowing raspberries!
A long day!
Notice the tongue:)
2012 (Loves Chuck E.) 2011 (Scared of Chuck E.)
Happy Birthday Tom Tom! We love you!
1 comment:
Y'all are the best parents ever!! :)
Post a Comment