Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving in Utah:Part 2

Thanksgiving Day Tommy and Grandma played outside. We didn’t stress this year and bought everything we needed to bring to my cousin Heidi’s house. She graciously hosted dinner, despite having to leave for Hawaii the next day! poor poor girl….We finally got to see McKayla! Although I wouldn’t have recognized her because she is so grown up. She’s supposed to stay my little niece forever. Didn’t she know that? And Alex is a little stud whom we all adore. He even made a tic-tac-toe game for Tommy in shop class WITH his name on it! Now I need to teach him tic-tac toe!
I tried to make rolls for dinner but they didn’t turn out. On the other hand, my turkey veggie plate did…phew;)
IMG_1927IMG_1938IMG_1939IMG_1949IMG_1952
At Heidi’s, Tommy quickly made friends with Bob’s kids, playing football with Nick, and eating dinner with Damian (5 yrs.)
IMG_1955IMG_1965
IMG_1953IMG_1961IMG_1963IMG_1964
IMG_1968
IMG_1969
After a delicious dinner, we went around the table telling everyone what we’ve been up to and what we’re thankful for. It was pretty unanimous- family, friends, and our health. I was also thankful for airplanes to get us to Utah quickly and thankful we didn’t have to drive:) Then we played  a few rounds of Apples to Apples. My brother Travis watched for a bit, then had to leave to be with his girlfriend’s family, who I sadly didn’t get to meet. And thanks to Alisha for taking these pics. She’s not a game playerSmile
IMG_1973IMG_1974
IMG_1976IMG_1977
Then we headed back home for some more play time and midnight Black Friday shoppingSmile
IMG_1980IMG_1981

Friday was quite eventful! We went to the mall where Tommy AND Tyler rode the train with daddy. He actually fell asleep on it! Then we were lucky enough to be able to bless Tyler here, which is one reason why Mona, Doug, Autrey, Shilo, Lori and Danny were here. I will do a separate post about the blessing. It was beautiful.
IMG_1989
IMG_2029
After the blessing we all went to Temple Square to see the lights. We first tried to get some pictures of the Duke grandkids in there new outfits from Mimi….very tricky.   It was absolutely freezing! The two babes, Joey and Tyler, were bundled up well, though! AND Tyler even found his thumb through all that bundle! The lights were beautiful, as always, and Tommy had fun running around, throwing leaves on Mimi.
DSC03147
IMG_2109
IMG_2126IMG_2132
DSCF0014
IMG_2112IMG_2117
The thumb!
IMG_2120
The leaves!
IMG_2124
IMG_2129DSC03154
DSC03157DSC03156
DSC03159

Saturday I was able to hang out with my cousins at the mall (Chantyl, Chelsea, and Heather). It had been so long and we had so much fun! Thanks mom for pushing Tyler around the mall until he needed to eat:)
DSCF0022
Saturday night we went up to the house Mimi and Papa rented. The kiddos rocked out to the juke box music.
IMG_2141IMG_2147
I love this girl!
IMG_2150
And Sunday we had one last family dinner with Travis, Bob’s kids (Courtney, Nick, Emily, Damian), Jerome (who was watching Bob’s kids while Heidi and Bob were in Hawaii), Sandra, Alisha, Alex, McKayla, AND her boyfriend Jake. He was such a nice kid and it was great to finally meet him!
IMG_2163
DSCF0030IMG_2154
IMG_2165
This was the only picture I could get of Alex since he hates pictures…..goober.
IMG_2164IMG_2161
After dinner, Tommy was playing under the table with McKayla. He told Jake he couldn’t come in. I told him to talk nicely and then he said, “Please go away?”…..another goober
IMG_2169
IMG_2171
It was fun hanging out with both sides of the family this Thanksgiving.
Thanks everyone for a great time! We will miss them!

No comments: