Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting Settled/Christmas Decor

Coming back from Thanksgiving was a dread….We came back to our new house completely full of boxes, no food, and everything we had from Thanksgiving in luggage. It was so daunting and I wasn’t sure how I’d do it without ignoring 2 kids. Tommy and Tyler both had colds and I had a sore throat. My mom said multiple times if she had the time, she would take off and come help me. I sure wish she could have! I would have gladly accepted the help! Anywho, we survived…barely. It was slow going and we needed to do some rearranging with our stuff, since losing a room. Tommy ‘helped’ while using his favorite thing-the step ladder (stool as he calls it). He never ceases to amaze me with his creativity. He took this role of shelf liner and said it was a fire hose. While making a whooshing sound for the water, he told me he was getting the fire out! AND, back at the hotel he randomly took 2 foam brushes , put one on his chin and the other across it, calling it a violin. I was so impressed with his imagination!
IMG_2193IMG_2194
IMG_2196IMG_2198IMG_2199IMG_2201IMG_2202
The violin
his 'violin'IMG_1780
After unpacking what we absolutely needed, I took a break from that stuff and got out the Christmas decorations. Mainly for Tommy. It’s all for Tommy. I didn’t want to at first but I’m glad I did. Tommy loved decorating our tree and loves the lights. Tyler likes them too!
IMG_2226IMG_2231
IMG_2230IMG_2232IMG_2234
The personalized Christmas ornaments Grandma and Grandpa bought at Gardner Village

IMG_2244
It was a crazy couple of weeks but it’s finally starting to feel like home!

No comments: