Sunday, December 18, 2011

6 Months!

It’s absolutely amazing to me that BABY Tyler is 6 months old. It goes by so fast, especially when there’s a new job and move going on! Tyler is so sweet and still such a good baby. He’s still attached to me and generally I have to get him to sleep, but that’s fairly easy because he still sucks his thumb (and spits out the binky) and either rocks to sleep or lays down if I’m next to him. When I’m holding him, he’ll put his head on my shoulder, while sucking his thumb. He then put his arm around my neck while continually grasping and letting go of my hair. It’s so sweet.
Tyler’s Stats:
Weight: 17.1 lbs. (42%)  (Tommy was 17.6 lbs.  I think the .5 difference was his head!)
Height: 27 1/4 inches (78%) (exact same height as Tommy @ 6 months)
Head:17 1/4 inches (67%)

IMG_2428IMG_2461
IMG_2534

Some things about our sweet boy:
*Tyler has 2 teeth! He’s been chewing on everything for months now and finally his first tooth popped through on December 6th, being 5 months and 3 weeks. This was over a month later than Tommy’s first tooth so I wasn’t complaining. Then yesterday, I felt the second one, next to the first! It’s no wonder he was grabbing my face and biting my chin!




Tyler tooth chart copy
*He had his first solids, rice cereal on December 1st. I mixed it with water and he spit it right out. Then I mixed it with my milk and he did okay. He still has the sucking reflex but is learning quick to swallow.

IMG_2184
IMG_2186IMG_2188IMG_2191IMG_2192
The next time I tried it (in between unpacking boxes) I didn’t have any milk so I used formula. He didn’t spit it out, he GAGGED on it. He first looked at me, then gagged multiple times while still looking at me, like “What were you thinking!” So…..I have to pump if I want him to eat cereal…..hope that changes.

IMG_2206rice cereal 2nd try
IMG_2210IMG_2213IMG_2219IMG_2220
Can I have my milk now?
IMG_2223
*He snuggles! I LOVE IT!
*He is sitting up really well. He'll sit for about a minute and then push back and fall backwards or to the side. He'll then move into a crawling position.
*He always looks at your food and tries to grab at it…with his mouth open
*I lay him on his back to sleep but he usually flips over on to his stomach and sleeps really well
*He’s fitting snug into 6 month clothes. I may have said that on his 5 month update too…well it’s extra snug now!
*He always smiles or laughs when I ask, “Are you my jumping bean?” (He’s always trying to ‘jump’ and uses his einstein jumper frequently throughout the day
*He’s always pushing up on his arms and pivots on his belly, sometimes 360 degrees
*Loves grabbing his toes!
*He loves to pound is arm up and down, making a thumping sound on whatever he hits….occasionally Tommy since he’s in his face!
*He loves to watch Tommy play  and laughs when Tommy jumps or throws something in the air (if he isn’t in his face). The other night Matt and Tommy had him laughing by putting a burp rag on his back, when he was on his belly, and pulling it off really quick.
*He’s so ticklish…everywhere!
*He loves to hold and stare at colorful toys/balls in his hands and turn them around and around, like he’s analyzing it.
I can’t believe a half a year has already gone by with our little man. He absolutely melts our hearts and Tommy really loves him too!

No comments: