Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tommy and Baby Update (23 Weeks)

Well, I’ve had this written for a week and I was waiting to get a preggo pic taken, but it didn’t happen. Now Tommy and I are sick, so…maybe on  another post.

At my last doctor’s appointment (Wednesday) everything seemed to be good. My blood pressure was higher than normal, but I had just been talking to the secretary and Matt (on the phone) about future hospital bills and paperwork she was making me sign. The nurse said that was probably why, but I also blame it on the church talk I had to give….sooo glad that’s over. Dr. White said I was measuring perfect (22 inches) and said he thought the baby wasn’t breech anymore. I think he has turned because I'm feeling him more in my ribs now…not sure what is worse:) The baby was so active when he was hearing the heartbeat, that the doctor said, “I’ve already felt 6 kicks and I only need 10 in a day!” He looked at Tommy, who was shyly sitting in the chair eating his sucker and said, “I think you already have your quiet  child.” Oh great, I thought!

I have felt pretty good, just ginormous! Although a cold just hit me on Saturday….I don't think you should be able to get any other kind of sick when pregnant…just sayin’

I wasn’t planning on doing monthly updates but Tommy is always doing and saying new things that I don’t want to forget. Since I do not scrapbook his pictures immediately, or within the year rather;), I need to stay updated on the blog! The pictures include Tommy’s love to draw. He doesn’t use crayons for very long, but give him a pen and he’s happy for a good while! For some reason he will draw a picture and then call it a chair. He likes to watch daddy play Wii, and occasionally plays himself. I put some rice in a pan and he loved driving his trucks and machines in it. He still loves to sing constantly and here’s a precious video of “Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam.” Also, a day after getting his riding train, he wasn't scared of it, and figured out how to press the pedal. It was so cute watching him ride it by himself for the first time...so here's a video:)

Other things Tommy is doing:
*says ‘oopsies’ or ‘oopsy daisy’ when he drops something
*when I say Okie Dokie, he repeats it with an ‘Okie, Okie’
*If I ask him where something is, he usually responds with “I don’t know Mommy”
*He also gets his way, most of the time, by asking for something like, ‘I want to play outside’ and then Matt and I, out of habit repeat it, saying “you want to play outside?” and then Tommy says ‘Okay!’
*LOVES the Jungle Book Movie, but only  the part where the elephants are marching. We watch that clip constantly on YouTube. There is also a part where the Colonel elephant inspects another’s trunk and then says ‘dusty muzzle!’ One day while watching it, Tommy looked into my nose and said ‘dusty muzzle!’ Winking smile
*He knows and recognizes most shapes
*He surprised me by pointing to and saying the number 10 at a restaurant.
*He loves to have the missionaries over for dinner and is sad when they leave. Probably because they are the only people we have constantly over. He points to the 2 dining room chairs and calls the missionary’s chairs.  (kind of sad we are not more social)
*sings happy birthday to anyone and everything
*and he loves to crawl around the floor pretending to be a puppy dog, with his tongue hanging out and panting!
A busy little man but we love him to death!

IMG_1017IMG_1020IMG_1025IMG_1031IMG_1029
playing wiiIMG_1183
IMG_1188IMG_1192
IMG_1340IMG_1342IMG_1347IMG_1352IMG_1355


IMG_1343

Tommy 2011 Valentine card



1 comment:

shilo said...

Sorry to hear you're sick again. No fun! Love the updates. I also do them to help me remember since days kind of run together. You already have your quiet child? Haha. I think that's funny...although it probably isn't as amusing to you. Tommy's a cute boy!