Thursday, August 19, 2010

Born To Be Wild


Tommy and I were at home Friday when the doorbell rang. When I opened the door Tommy saw a box with a bicycle on it. I wish I could have captured his face. He was sooo excited! We just sold our treadmill and decided to buy him a tricycle. Everytime he sees one he has to point and say 'bicycle' a hundred times. After much searching and deliberation we decided on a tricycle, rather than a ridiculously expensive Power Wheels (even on Craigs List). But it was Matt's idea to get the Schwinn Roadster Tricycle! It's huge! Matt wanted it to have REAL tires. Nothing but the best for him! Anyway, we knew he would get a lot of use out of it.

Helping me put it together.
Testing it out. He can reach the pedals pretty well with his shoes on but is still trying to figure out HOW to pedal.
On a real ride outside!
It also has an awesome bell!

Earlier this week I got out my guitar. Tommy was so fascinated with it. He liked playing with our little Ukelele so I knew he'd love this.

Using the pick
What Tommy loves to do right now:
*say 'again' when you do something he likes
*say 'mama? mama? mama?' when I leave the room
*draw with pens (crayons for a short time, but pens he loves)
*just started drawing a picture and then saying what he drew; has said, 'a ball' or 'a hat'
*when we say 'we will, we will, Rock you' then he says "Rock you!'
*also sings 'na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye' (by Steam on Remember the Titans)
*throw things in the garbage (not always a good thing)
*helps me cook and whenever I have a measuring spoon or cup he yells, "on! on!" because he wants to pour it into the bowl
*will watch Curious George for a few minutes at a time, and baseball. He talks about the bat and the ball during the game
*he's also starting to transition to one nap

2 comments:

shilo said...

Love that bike! Assembling wearing the Man Day shirt is pretty classic! Also...Happy birthday, Allyson!

Alison Hixson said...

Happy Birthday Allyson!! Without Facebook I feel so out of the loop and forget everything! I am glad you had a great day!