Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Utah! July 27th - August 3rd

We had a really great time in Utah. It's taken me awhile to blog because it's started to feel like chore now. I hate that, but I know my few readers enjoy seeing Tommy so I will stick with it!

Tommy did ok on the plane ride. He didn't sleep and was cranky for a bit, but all in all he did fine. We met grandma at the airport and she loved seeing him pull his new rolling bear backpack! Then we headed to Alex' house where Tommy's interest in all-things-sports expanded to...mitts! Tommy LOVES Alex. He would follow him around like a mini-me!

They have an awesome aquarium that Tommy loved.

The boys played ball outside, despite the heat. Tommy was in heaven when we put him on this...
Later we went to Wendy's where McKayla works and cooled down with a frosty! She couldn't talk but thought Tommy was so cute walking. (She hasn't seen him since Thanksgiving) Then we took Alex to his soccer practice and Tommy loved running around on the grass. There were airplanes constantly flying by so that intrigued him too! Alisha came and we went to Kneader's Cafe for dinner. I really miss that place! Yum Yum!
When it was time to get into our car, Tommy threw a fit wanting to drive, so the softy-Aunt Alisha gave in for a few minutes! ;)
On Wednesday morning, Tommy and Matt played at a park while my mom and I played tennis. It was so much fun and I wish I could play more often!
Then Alex came and we went to Hollywood Connections to ride the carousel (a big hit) and play some games!
Of course he liked the driving game, until the seat started moving back/forth and up/down. Then he started to freak out.
Alex was awesome at the ski ball and won Tommy this slinky!
What a great cousin!
(notice his morning hair;)
Wednesday night, Matt, Alisha, and I went to see "The Wedding Singer" musical at the Hale Center Theatre. My mom and Roy had seen it and loved it so she was nice enough to buy us tickets. I'm really the only one into musicals so I thought it was awesome and funny, but I did hear Matt and Alisha laughing too!
On Thursday we went to the Children's Museum. It was packed! Tommy still had a good time and Alex was his little buddy at each place
Again with the driving...
A little tree house with Tommy-sized furniture
Grocery shopping!
We went to Winger's for dinner. Again-I miss that place! Alex had never been and of course now he's a fan.
Alex trying to checkout the menu
Big Horsey!
I thought Tommy would love this helicopter but it made some pretty loud sounds and he didn't last long.
Alex went right to work with Tommy's name when he found these lettered mats. They are great buddies!
Thursday night we met up with some old friends. Poor Matt was the only husband who came but I'm glad he did. He played with Tommy while I was able to catch up on how everyone's doing. It was so much fun to chat!
On Friday we met Alisha, Alex, and Travis for lunch at the Olive Garden. Then Travis had a tee-time to get to and we went to the mall. We were heading to an indoor mini golf course but Tommy fell asleep in the car and he really needed a good nap. So we drove further to SouthTowne Mall. Tommy HAD to have this once he saw it and of course, grandma couldn't say no!
They also had a carousel-checking out the ceiling!
On Saturday, my mom, Matt, Alex, and Travis played golf. Alisha came over and we played outside. We put on a little sprinkler and he liked jumping over it. It started to rain these huge rain drops and Tommy didn't mind them.
Saturday was our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long! Thanks to grandma-the babysitter we were able to go to the Salt Lake Temple and then eat at the Roof Restaurant. A buffett of desserts is all I could ask for!
Sunday we went to church and then had a big family get-together to visit and write letters to my cousins, the 2 missionaries in our family, Tim Lesuma and Gavin Fahey. We also wrote letters to a soldier in the military. My mom is involved in the adopt-a-soldier program at work and he has really appreciated the packages she has sent.
Hanging out with Aunt Alisha!
Lounging!
Finally we were able to see McKayla!
Notice the roses from Matt ;)
Showing the family his skills
He can't get any more attention than that!
On Monday, Matt scheduled me a manicure and pedicure (for our anniversary) at Gardner's Village. Grandpa had to work this week but hung out with us all day Monday. They had a pony ride here and Tommy loved it! He wasn't scared a bit! We then went to Leatherby's, really great icecream!(I love icecream and really really miss this place!)
Tommy's car buddy-kept him laughing and singing!
Monday night we had one last visit. Unfortunately this was the best picture we got!
After Tommy's bath he was all packed up!
We really did have a great time. Thanks grandma and grandpa for having us, and we can't wait to come for Christmas!

No comments: