Thursday, February 18, 2010

San Antonio

Matt, Tommy, and I had so much fun with family in San Antonio. On Friday we drove ( and drove and drove through traffic) to San Antonio, leaving at 1:30 and making it there around 7:30. Mimi, Papa, Lori and Maggie were already there, excited to see Tommy! When we got there, we put Tommy down and he walked about 4 steps to me! (He is now a full walker, which I'll post about later). We first went on a walk around the hotel (The Hyatt's Wild Oak Ranch).

Mimi pushing the double stroller. Maggie is so cute in her pigtails!

We went to the mall and bought Tommy some Robeez shoes. I really like that they have soft soles so he can walk in them easier. Mimi also bought him shoes and clothes. Thank you! Maggie held Tommy's hand and they just strutted down the mall together. Then we headed to the San Antonio Zoo. When we got there Maggie and Tommy were both asleep! So we sat at a table til they woke up. Tommy really liked the big birds.

We were waiting to watch them feed the birds, but they took too long and Tommy was ready to walk.

I don't have to say he loved the fish!

This was the largest turtle I've ever seen! This species can be up to 500 lbs and live up to 100 years old!

This zoo was really neat because it had a fenced in grass area for kids to walk around in. They has this lawn mower toy that Tommy would not let go of!

Teeter Totter-ing with Maggie.

Uncle Matt helped Maggie be a monkey as she hung from the ropes!

Chillin' with Pap on the monkey tree.

This was the turle shell for kids to play on.Tommy played peek a boo in it.

Walking with Dad

Getting sugar from Mimi

That night we went swimming at the hotel. Maggie saying "Cheese!" in her new swimsuit!

Mimi also bought him this awesome swimsuit and shirt! He is such a stud in it!

Behind this picture you see rushing water. It was a really fast water slide. Matt went down it a couple times and I did it once. It was actually quite scary because it went much faster than I thought!

Maggie and bubblemaker-a valentine from Tommy ;)

Standing in his new shoes! Maggie was so sweet and always sharing her toys with Tommy. Tommy loves her so much!

He loves the car-well outside of his car seat that is!

On Sunday, we went to downtown San Antonio to eat. While waiting we went to the park and walked by some shops. Here, Maggie and Tommy are watching a kid ride on the little mechanical bull.

Mimi gave Tommy a singing Valentine with the song "I love you, a bushel and a peck" We love that song! and a teddy bear that says "I love you" Maggie gave Tommy an adorable homemade valentine heart of confetti. It was super cute! We had a great time in San Antonio. Thanks Mimi and Papa!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Maggie had so much fun with Tom. She keeps telling me, "I miss TomTom, he funny." And then she giggles with her hand over her mouth.

shilo said...

My grandma sings that song all the time! I've never heard anyone else sing it before. I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend. Wish we were able to join you.