
Tommy really is a little boy now. It is bitter sweet as a mom. You miss the little cuddly baby they once were, but love the independence and 'big boy' things they do (most of the time;)
I tried spiking his hair, but there wasn't much, and didn't end up liking it anyway. He doesn't look like my Tommy.
A typical day in the kitchen...

We had our friends, Scott, Katie and Sarah (3 months younger than Tommy) over for dinner on Friday and it was so much fun! I didn't get any good pictures, but Tommy was holding up blocks to share with Sarah. It was really cute. I think he wanted her colorful sock in this pic.

I was making pancakes for breakfast and Tommy wanted to stir it so bad! So I gave him a clean whisk and a pan. He was pretty content for a while.



He has a love/hate relationship with the vacuum. He's scared when it's turned on but loves to point, oooh, ahhh, and eventually play with it, but only when I'm right there with him.



Holding up dad's phone and saying "hi" (more like yelling it)!
I was making pancakes for breakfast and Tommy wanted to stir it so bad! So I gave him a clean whisk and a pan. He was pretty content for a while.
Then he had to taste his culinary creation of course;)

It seems like pointless repetition for almost 8 straight months when we would say, "Tommy we're going to say a prayer, now fold your arms" and he would just laugh and look away. But on Tuesday, it ALL paid off. I said, Tommy fold your arms and this is what he did! I was SO SO proud at that moment! Being a mom is the best and I have the best littl boy ever!
It seems like pointless repetition for almost 8 straight months when we would say, "Tommy we're going to say a prayer, now fold your arms" and he would just laugh and look away. But on Tuesday, it ALL paid off. I said, Tommy fold your arms and this is what he did! I was SO SO proud at that moment! Being a mom is the best and I have the best littl boy ever!
So Tommy can throw a tantrum with the best of them. I had to laugh at this one though. I had a popsicle out and offered him a bite. He shook his head and tried to grab it, wanting to hold it himself. I said, "no, you can have a bite." Well he just screamed at this and reached for it again. This continued a number of times until I finally gave in and let him hold it... He took one lick and then...
Yeah, offered me a bite! He knows he rules this house!
He has a love/hate relationship with the vacuum. He's scared when it's turned on but loves to point, oooh, ahhh, and eventually play with it, but only when I'm right there with him.
Holding up dad's phone and saying "hi" (more like yelling it)!
Tommy is sleeping pretty well now. He wakes up a couple times but falls back asleep on his own, yay! We read a book, sing a song, then I lay him in his crib and I lay down next to it until he falls asleep. I really like this way because I usually have a book and just read! He likes having me there and I like reading, so pretty much a win win.
He also likes to say the words Dot and Bubble!
On Saturday, Tommy gave me his first closed mouth kiss! I will miss the open, slobbery, baby kisses!
On Friday I Tommy walked over to a ball and he stood by it for a couple seconds. I couldn't figure out why he hadn't bent down to pick it up yet. He then, moved his feet a couple steps and KICKED the ball, without holding on to anything. He's only done that while holding our hands. I was surprised!
I made Tommy some file folder games for church this week, but they are velcro and quite loud for Sacrament meeting....whoops;)
I'm hoping that I stay consistent (once a week) with my blog and make it a family history of some sort. So when I add things like, 'I've joined the ward choir and really enjoy it," there is a reason. I really miss singing and we get to perform for ward conference next week. The song is so incredibly beautiful call, My Kindess Shall Not Depart From Me" adapted from scripture by Rob Gardner. It's from a performance about Joseph Smith and can be seen on YouTube. It makes you realize Heavenly Father's love for Joseph Smith and yourself through music and it just...touches your heart.
I'm hoping that I stay consistent (once a week) with my blog and make it a family history of some sort. So when I add things like, 'I've joined the ward choir and really enjoy it," there is a reason. I really miss singing and we get to perform for ward conference next week. The song is so incredibly beautiful call, My Kindess Shall Not Depart From Me" adapted from scripture by Rob Gardner. It's from a performance about Joseph Smith and can be seen on YouTube. It makes you realize Heavenly Father's love for Joseph Smith and yourself through music and it just...touches your heart.
1 comment:
Love the peach fuzz. Dylan has the same thing. I know Tommy is your son because he likes to cook. I know he is Matt's son because he goes for the chocolate sweeties!
Post a Comment