Friday, August 24, 2012

Summer Update

2 weeks ago Matt started his new work schedule (that he proposed for his department and was approved) 4 ten hour days, getting Fridays off. Originally it was planned to be 4 nine hour days and getting every other Friday off….That schedule I liked, but the 4-10’s I wasn’t a fan of at first. I thought the days would be too long and Matt would be So tired come Friday. It hasn’t been too bad though. Unfortunately he  has already been putting in those hours anyway…. Everyone assured me on facebook it was going to be great for him to have those Fridays off…much better than every other Friday, so….you have to trust FB, right? Winking smile
UPDATE** since writing this draft post, Matt's schedule has been changed to nine eighties, getting everyother Friday off. Apparently it was too hard having only two managers there on Fridays or Mondays.  Oh well...

Tyler had another ear infection, shortly after seeing Dr. Wright and deciding we didn’t need tubes….We had to go to an urgent care because he was up all night on a Friday. He finished an antibiotic and we went to his regular doctor to have his ear rechecked. She said they were a little red (from a current cold) but they weren’t infected….Tubes is probably the route we’re going to take pretty soon.  At this check up I finally got Tyler’s one year stats. I’ve been wanting to compare them with Tommy’s -

Tyler’s one year stats-
Weight: 21.9 lbs. (60%)
Height: 30.25 inches (67%)
Head: 18.75 inches (89%)

Tommy’s one year stats-
Weight: 21.5 lbs.
Height: 30.5

Tyler’s now surpassed his ‘little’ bro in weightSmile

July 1st- his bottom right tooth popped through
August 3rd-his 1st bottom left molar popped in
August 16th- his bottom left tooth is popping through (just noticed)
(it's no wonder he's been extremely cranky lately!)

  • Tyler likes to ‘wash’ his hands. If I don’t keep my eye on him, he’ll be trying to lift the toilet seat up and sticking his hands in there ugh… so I’m washing his hands often and as soon as I put the soap on them, he rubs his hands together. Cute
  • As soon as I’m done changing his diaper he grabs it and wants to throw it in the garbage. (another reason I’m constantly washing his hands)
  • While in the car, trying to keep my sanity from the yelling fest, I started singing wheels on the bus. When we got to the money verse (clink clink clink) Tyler thought it was hilarious! And he does the action.
  • Tyler just started saying, ‘woof’  when we ask, What does a doggy say?
  • He also does the itsy bitsy spider action while changing his diaper and I think he tries to sing it…at least he makes some cute sounds while doing the action.
  • I’m still trying to wean this momma’s boy. He now pulls at my shirt when he wants to nurse and gets VERY upset when I don’t immediately appease his request! (I’ve noticed he wants to more often when his teeth are bothering him)

Tommy-
  • It’s been a battle to get Tommy to eat the last month and a half. All he wants to do it play, play, play!
  • Loves swords swords and swords, and always wants to play swords (does not own a sword but apparently anything can be turned into one) Tommy and Tyler have sword fights with the fly swatters!
  • He says ‘huh’ after lots of things he says. It’s as if he’s saying ok, but his tone is in the form of a question. Like he’s wanting you to agree with him.  Ex. That ball went far, huh?!
  • Tommy’s in the ‘Watch this, mommy’ stage. Everything he does is so awesome I need to see it…everything.
  • Tommy said this to me one day and  specifically the way he said it made me laugh, “I picked something up for you! It’s the spookiest thing you ever know! Do you like spooky?”
Some videos with the iphone over the past few months:
Tyler LOVES the swings


This was at Nana's when he just decided to start walking:)



 
I had more videos but they weren't downloading...all for another update;)


IMG_0639IMG_0640
The library’s police man/k-9 day, where there was no k-9 because apparently he had to be in court. ?what?! But they did make some official badgesSmile
IMG_0641

At the Discovery Center-Robots exhibit
IMG_0643
 
*eating frozen grapes with the little fish!
IMG_0668
More music class. Tommy LOVED playing a real violin. For months, he has used other toys, putting them to his chin, pretending to play one. This and the drums have been his favorite.
IMG_0677IMG_0681IMG_0682IMG_0688
I was playing baseball with Tommy and when he went to get the ball, his foot fell into this hole in our backyard. Matt was out of town and we were talking to him on the phone at the time. He had me take a picture of it, wanting to see the depth of the hole. Later, we found out it was covering a sprinkler pipe and tommy had just pushed the cover down into it. Pretty crazy!
IMG_0697IMG_0699
Tyler having a tricky time going down the slide by himself. He managed it though!
IMG_0702
I love this picture. I love Tommy’s facial expression. He shared his ice cream with no prompts from me…I wish that happened more often;)
IMG_0706
Tyler and Daddy watching the Olympics. Tommy has liked watching them too, trying to jump, run, ‘swim’ just like the Olympians in London.
IMG_0710
Flies have been all over the place and if we go out the door for a split second, a bunch find their way in. Tyler’s been watching us and knows how to handle those swatters-two at a time!IMG_0712
Some of our days…..why? who knows…..
IMG_7018IMG_7021IMG_7023
IMG_7199IMG_7203
Tyler finally prefers to walk instead of crawl and now he’ll walk around like this, especially when he gets tired. He also throws himself on the floor and cries if I don’t pick him up right away or he gets hurt….it’s kind of funny, actually-cute at this age. Tommy’s?-not so much.
IMG_7204

1 comment:

Nova said...

Tubes changed our lives! I know this sounds bad but I really liked my Hayden much better after he had his put in. He was so much more pleasant and I liked that we weren't visiting the doctor 3 times a week. Good luck!