Sunday, August 12, 2012

Picking up Tom Tom

IMG_7145
This little dude left with Mimi and Nana to Ruidoso after their visit for his soccer game. If anyone recalls, he did this last year too and let’s just say I had a bit of a hard time with it. You can read about it here. After having done this again I can absolutely say it was due to post pregnancy hormones. This time the only reason I hesitated was because he had been up the night before with a cold and cough. He said he still wanted to go and I was fine with it. Mimi said he did really well. They played golf a lot, had plenty of Sonic ‘spicy’ drinks (sprite is his new favorite), held one of Roddy’s nice cats, and fought with Buster, I heard. They have a love/hate relationship. That week I was able to give Tyler lots of one on one time and even get some organizing/decorating done around the house during his naps-without feeling like I was neglecting Tommy! We did miss our Tom Tom though and Tyler would occasionally crawl into his room looking for him :(  I’m glad Tommy had a good time though. We left Thursday evening (Matt now has Friday’s off, working 4 ten hour days) and met up with our little goober late that night. It was sure good to have him back!

Dylan and Tommy in their matching PJ’s
 IMG_7128IMG_7132
We got to see Lori, Maggie, Joey, Autrey, Shilo, Dylan, and Baby Colton too! Tyler started kicking the soccer ball around like a pro, and then shared with sweet JoeySmile
IMG_7150IMG_7148

An hilarious moment-After Shilo layed Colton down for some tummy time, Joey felt it was his turn and layed right down on his belly like he was supposed to. Tyler thought he needed to be covered up, but Joey knew that wasn’t the purpose of the blanket and quickly layed it down flat again. I was excited to see these two together seeing as how it had been 6 months since the last time we were together, and they were quite funny!
IMG_7152IMG_7158
Joey, being the ‘older’ cousin took care of Tyler by giving him his sippy cup, trying to give a drink….every few seconds. Tyler wasn’t having any of it and Joey couldn’t understand why-it was yummy juice!
IMG_7165
It was great to finally meet sweet baby Colton in person! He is a mini-Dylan for sure and oh so precious!
IMG_7168IMG_7174
More cousin time, looking out Nana’s window
IMG_7171IMG_7179
Late Saturday night the nakie boys had a quick snack of strawberries before bed. Thumbs up delish!
IMG_7181
After church-our attempts at a grandkids pic…poor Tyler. I made it up for this torture with a donut afterwards….
IMG_7184IMG_7186
All better!
IMG_7196IMG_7197
The boys went golfing a couple times and we all just hung out most of the time. It was a short but fun weekend with everyone!

No comments: