After Easter we got to spend a week just hanging out. Monday we went to the zoo and the weather was PERFECT.
While Tommy was riding the Merry-Go-Round, I took these pics of Matt and Tyler.
Travis reminded us to bring Tommy’s clubs and Monday afternoon he invited us to the driving range. (since he works at a golf course.) Tommy wasn’t as into it as he usually is, but nevertheless Travis was impressed. Tyler hung out, chewing on some lip gloss-a great teether.
Tuesday Matt went down to Gunnison with ‘Moffatt’ as Tommy calls him (one of Matt’s Supervisors). When they got back, we took Brian out to Winger’s, one of our favorites! Then we showed him around Temple Square and the new City Creek area. It looks really nice and has some pretty fancy stores. Tommy had a blast with Alisha and Alex. They were throwing coins in the fountains and he was getting tossed into the air
Everything was closing when we decided we wanted ice cream so we settled for some frozen yogurt.
So this ‘family picture’ was taken by Brian, but he cut someone out…..sorry Tyler.
(Nice one Moffatt!)
On Wednesday we went to the Aquarium. The penguins were very active and the most fun to watch. They were jumping in the water and swimming all over.
It was Alisha’s birthday on Thursday so we met up at the mall and got mani/pedi’s. It was SO nice. Alisha had a FANTASTIC date that night so we celebrated with her Friday night. Her date set up dinner at Hotel Monaco where the entire staff new it was her birthday and each one that served them greeted her with a ‘happy birthday.’ AND the menu she was given had HER NAME on it. I think it was under the dessert and said something like, ‘Alisha’s birthday dessert….’ I can’t remember exactly but it sounded awesome.
Thursday night we went to Hollywood Connections. We played mini-golf and rode a few rides. I thought Tommy would be scared but he loved them…I guess he’s ready for Disneyland! 
Friday night we met up at Texas Roadhouse to officially celebrate Alisha’s birthday. Travis and his girlfriend Melissa came, whom I’ve been facebook friends with, but finally got to meet…briefly. AND I actually got to see McKayla! She had been working and this was the first time she saw us. Because we had so many people we basically sat at two different tables. I sat by McKayla and got to catch up with her shortly. I wish it would have been longer though. I really didn’t get to chat with Melissa either;( Maybe next time.
Saturday was the busiest of all. That morning I went to my cousin’s Sealing in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Gavin and Kira looked great! It was a beautiful ceremony and it was neat to look back on Matt and I’s ceremony. I can’t believe we’ll be celebrating 9 years in July! Wow, I’m old.
After the ceremony, we we got ready for family pictures at Memory Grove in downtown Salt Lake. It was chilly, a little windy, and about to rain but I hope they turned out. Right after pictures we rushed over to West Jordan to see Alex play basketball. I was so glad to FiNALLY get to see a game. Every time we come it’s usually for a holiday and he’s either just completed a season of a sport or is off the week we’re there. So….this was great. Tommy really wanted to play!
THEN we needed dinner before Gavin’s reception and were very close to Leatherby’s so it was an obvious decision
. Their broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl is wonderful! Tommy got this "playdough” ice cream that he thought was pretty neat. That place is always as good as I remember it! Tyler enjoyed a straw, poor dude. Next time he’ll be old enough to enjoy “Traci’s Peanut Butter Cup” ( My fav)
Next and the last event was Gavin’s reception and unfortunatley I didn’t get any pictures of it. That’s where I saw and caught up with most of my family members. It was so much fun and a great way to end our trip. We flew back early Sunday morning and as far as I remember the boys did well on the flights. A funny side note: When we were landing in Denver it was pretty bumpy. Tommy and Tyler thought it was hilarious and after a significant bump, Tommy says with a smile “We’re going to craaaash!” Ahhhh…the people in front turn around and looked…. it’s a funny story now….
So fun and can’t wait for the next visit…since there’s no way all my family will come visit me here! (In Fort Worth maybe, but here….no)
No comments:
Post a Comment