Matt’s cousin Jared, graduated from Ruidoso High School on Saturday. We have been sick this last week, so we didn’t make it up there until Friday morning (originally planned to be there Thursday night). Matt got back into town Wednesday night from business and Tyler was still having fevers off and on. As soon as the Tylenol/Motrin wore off, his temp would spike up again. The highest it got was Tuesday night at 103.9. He has a lot of congestion and was throwing up his milk at least once a night. He wouldn’t eat any solids this last week either. Thursday morning we took him in and although his ears weren’t terrible, they were still infected. Because Tyler was so miserable, the pediatrician suggested an antibiotic shot. We are really considering tubes in his ears now and have an appointment with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor in June. If it will keep these ear infections from happening, I think it will be worth it. Thursday night was another long one full of coughing and crying and he literally didn’t sleep for more than 15 minutes at a time, until about 3:00 am. Then he slept for an hour, then we woke up to leave for Ruidoso. Tyler AND Tommy did sleep almost the entire way there though. (and I got some rest too!). Friday we just hung out while Tyler got a little more rest and we added some Dimetap to his medicines. It seemed to help him sleep a little bit but Benadryl works the best I think. Gotta love those antihistamines

Friday afternoon Matt went golfing with Jared, Buster, and Roddy. Tommy had started feeling warm but also had the chills and he was ready for a nap. Although, he woke up 20 minutes later (because Tyler was loud and fussing). That night we had dinner and tried to get to bed early. Tyler was still up through the night coughing and crying because he couldn’t suck his thumb from all the congestion (the only way he falls asleep).
Now for the fun stuff-Saturday morning we headed to the graduation. It was outside and extremely hot. Matt and Tyler found some shade and he ended sleeping through most of it (Tyler

)
It’s crazy to think that I remember this dude getting baptized! I was dating Matt and remember hearing about it. I feel so old!
We are very proud of him and wish him the best of luck in college! I really think he’s an awesome kid! I have from the beginning since he was the one that said I fit right into the family!
We sure love him and we’re glad we could be there to celebrate with him!
We didn’t get any pictures of Jared in his gown but we snagged this one before he went out on the town (literally) for his Senior Party.
Tyler finally started to feel better Saturday and was putting golf balls behind his back…not realizing where they were going.
I didn’t take many pictures but Tommy had fun golfing in Nana’s yard and we had a yummy barbeque that day. It was fun to visit with the cousins, uncles, aunts, and especially Nana. I’m glad she got to see the boys. Tommy was telling her all sorts of stuff on Friday. I don’t think he’s ever talked to her so much and Tyler has changed a ton since Christmas. It was a short but good trip.! Congrats Jared!
No comments:
Post a Comment