Matt had to work in Fort Worth on his birthday, so we decided to go down with him and spend the weekend with Autrey and Shilo. I got to watch Dylan while Shilo went to her doctor’s appointment, and the little goobers had a fun time together. Tommy and Dylan played ‘sleep…wake up’ on the stairs, ate lunch and snacks at the Cars table, and enjoyed Tyler’s car seat-well specifically Dylan. Tyler just crawled around pushing cheerios all over the floor. That night Autrey grilled up some hot dogs and hamburgers for Matt’s birthday dinner. I made some YELLOW cupcakes with CHOCOLATE frosting, his new favorite as of 2 years ago. I swear it was always chocolate cake with chocolate frosting before that, but he says otherwise. The food was great and it was nice of them to help us celebrate his birthday while being away from home. It was quite tricky to get a family photo before the cupcakes, but we managed. Friday we went to the park and I got to visit with my friend Natalie. Then we were lucky enough to go out to dinner with the Growald’s and Ross’ at our favorite-Joe T. Garcia’s…so good! Thanks to Autrey and Shilo for watching Tommy! It is a rare occasion for us to go out to eat almost kid-less. Tyler may always be attached to my hip….
Happy Birthday Matt! Your crazy boys and I love you!
Friday night Mimi and Papa came into town. The boys attempted swimming at the hotel’s pool but it was ridiculously cold(note: see picture of Matt attempting to catch Tommy without a splash). It didn’t stop the little men much though. Then there was some basketball played, m&m’s eaten (Dylan liked them while hiding in the tall grass), AND a mani/pedi for Shilo and I. I enjoyed celebrating Shilo’s birthday
Thanks Mimi! We left on Sunday, Shilo’s birthday, but it was fun to visit with them for a few days. I was so late doing this post that it will now be only a couple weeks before we see them again! Good times….
Love this one!
Mimi Lovin’
2 comments:
Glad you guys could come. And glad you enjoyed my birthday present. Haha!
I need to email you the pictures I took. ha...ive already scrapped them too. :)
Post a Comment