Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 1/2 Years & 1 Month!

Well I’m still playing catch up (I wrote this post last week) and still no pictures because I can’t find the cord to my other camera…ugh.
I’m on Day 3 of being on my own with 2 kids. It hasn’t been easy but not nearly as overwhelming as I thought it was going to be. Granted, my house is not spic and span and dinners haven’t been great, but oh well…..Now that I’m constantly nursing and rocking, I’ve picked up reading again. I forget how much I enjoy it.
Tommy plays by himself really well when he has to, although I need to be better about teaching him during the day. Even if it’s just one-on-one with us doing play-dough, or painting, I want to feel like I’m teaching him and he’s learning something rather than just playing with cars and watching his shows! (Because we all know that being outside, unless it’s 5:00 am, really isn’t an option right now)
Tyler
1 Month Stats
Weight: 9.5 lbs. (40 %)
Height: 21 1/4” (40%)
Head Circ.: 37 cm. (26%)
He is really filling out in the belly and thighs. The newborn size clothes are beginning to get snug. 0-3 mos. is still pretty big on him.
He is sleeping pretty well. He sleeps in the car seat because of his gagging. He naps fairly well during the day. If he nurses at 10 or 11 pm. He’ll usually sleeps til about 3 am and quickly falls back asleep. Then he’ll wake up around 6 or 7. I guess it’s still about every 3 hours but I still feel fairly rested in the mornings.
Tyler will giggle at least once at night and during the day when he’s asleep and has gas. It’s the cutest sound ever.
He’s starting to smile a little more, maybe he just has more gas, but nonetheless it’s cute.
When he isn’t completely starving or angry, he’ll make a pouty face with his lips puckered up. This is when you try and get something out of his nose or right when you put him down, letting you know you’ve hurt his feelings and a wail is about to come, unless comforted quicklyWinking smile
He spit up randomly all last week while in Ruidoso and is still gagging during feedings as well as during/after naps, so the doctor suggested taking him off Axid and trying Prevacid. I feel more hopeful about this prescription so we’ll see….
This last week he has made small cooing sounds and it’s so precious
He is also grabbing and pulling really well now. He grabbed my hair the other day, and seems to always be grabbing blankets or burp rags.
My wonderful visiting teacher and her 2 kids offered to watch Tommy (whom they literally adore) while we took Tyler to his orthopedics appointment today (13th). The specialist said he really didn’t see a need for the hip brace right now. (yay!) He suggested we get another ultrasound in about 5 weeks and if it hasn’t gone away, then he’ll probably need a brace. He was very optimistic about letting his hip socket develop on it’s own because in so many instances, babies are just as better off without a brace, then with one (when the click and spacing is so minimal.) That was a relief and I’m hopeful the next ultrasound will be good.
Tyler looks so much like Tommy did when he was just born. I don’t have a good comparison picture but these will work.
1.18.09-4IMG_2654
Tommy                                             Tyler
Tommy
It’s hard to believe I have a two and a half year old! I love hearing him tell stories and he is great at having conversations. He speaks so well and it really is fun to talk with him, about anything… and he will talk about anything! He is such a sweet boy.
He constantly says, “I wanna do it all myself!”
He loves Bob the Builder now and loves to sing the theme song even more! (Yell  is more like it)
If he asks me for something and I say no, he immediately asks Daddy….and vice versa.
This kind of makes me sad, but the times I give Tyler to Matt and say “OK, Tommy let’s play” he says, “you hold baby Tyler, and Daddy play with me.” sniffle sniffle
What we’ve been up to in pictures:
DSC09494
DSC09496DSC09502
I crocheted a newsboy cap and diaper cover but the hat was way too small (even if I had put it on the day he was born) and I didn’t quite finish the cover….but I tried anyway….
DSC09515DSC09518DSC09520DSC09524DSC09528
Tommy’s new favorite spot to hang out
DSC09544
Tyler at 1 month
DSC09552
Tommy wanted a turnSmile
DSC09558
I love these next 2 pictures!
DSC09597
DSC09618
Matt said, “Look, I’ve got my boys” (it’s still so odd to hear the plural in ‘boys’)
DSC09635
DSC09655DSC09658DSC09660
Matt did a lot of yard work so Tommy was outside working too!
DSC09667DSC09670

No comments: