Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Own Little Christmas

On Sunday the 19th, we had our own little Christmas before leaving for Utah. I didn't want to, nor would have been able to, pack our gifts on the plane.
We made some candy cane cookies for Santa, although they never made it into the oven. We left to look at Christmas lights and just forgot about them...whoops

                                        

Tommy singing his favorite song, "Santa Baby" as we drove around. We told him Santa might come when we're gone. 


It was absolutely priceless to see his expression as Matt jingled some bells when we walked in the door and he saw the presents under the tree. When we told him again, "santa has come!" his face was of sheer awe and wonder. 

How did Santa know this would be a great traveling gift ? 
Matt and I surprised each other with gifts. He bought me the camera I have been eyeing for many months although I knew I was getting that (that's a funny story by the way). The golf clubs were the complete surprise. I guess we will be golfing as a family....I had better learn quick;)

And yes, my husband wanted a Dyson for Christmas and no, it was honestly not a gift for myself. He really does do the vacuuming and was thrilled to vacuum up the Christmas mess! He knew he was getting that and the only thing I could think of surprising him with was a Wii. He was definitely surprised and excited. That made me happy!



We had to get a round in before bed. Tommy would tell me to hit the ball, watching me closely, then he would wack it. 


I also had to try out my new camera before going to bed. The quality is fantastic! ....and the subject is pretty cute too;)



I love my camera. I love that Tommy can be his wiggly self and I can get an un-blurry picture.
I love, love, love it!



No comments: