Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Precious Boy!

Matt and I were excited to find out today that Tommy will have a little brother! I had felt all along that it was going to be a boy, although I couldn't understand why this pregnancy was so different than the first. Obviously my degree of sickness in pregnancy is in no relation to the baby's gender! They measured his body and anatomical features and thankfully, he is growing perfectly! We feel so blessed.

I have felt so much lower pressure in the last week and was getting nervous. I don't remember feeling this kind of pressure until 8 months! But the doctor assured me that the baby had not dropped. The pressure I'm feeling is my little boy's kicks! His legs are down and he is breech. (Tommy was not) He said medically he doesn't need the baby to turn until 36 weeks, so I have plenty of time, phew. 

Tommy was more interested in the computer the sonographer was using than the pictures of the baby, and he knew the doctor was going to give him a sucker, so that's what his mind was on. Although when we heard the heartbeat, Tommy said, 'Again, Again!' The sonographer played it one more time for him. She thought he was pretty cute!
I think he'll be a great big brother and am excited he will have someone to play trains, trucks, and ball with! I'm also happy we have everything we need already...although I did see some super cute boy bedding the other day....;)

We are hoping to take some kind of vacation for Tommy before the baby comes. We haven't decided where yet, but my doctor said I had until 36 weeks.  I'm thinking we'll make it a little sooner. I don't want to be completely miserable and huge on a vacation:)

Yay for a great doctor's visit! Enjoy the pictures!


 His hand to his mouth. So cute.





No comments: