Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Week With the Taylor Fam!

Tommy and I spent a week with Mimi, Nana, Jared and the rest of the Taylor family. It was so nice to get a break from the heat! Nana lives in the mountains, and the weather was BEAUTIFUL! There were never any dull moments. On Tuesday we woke up to the strongest skunk smell! It had to have sprayed right under the house. We went to the store where Mimi bought Tommy some new sandals, tennis shoes and wranglers! She also bought him this plastic golf set. He played with it the entire week and all of us could really see him improve as he hit the ball. Here are some videos.
Tuesday afternoon I noticed a rash on Tommy. I didn't think much of it until I felt his head. He was extremely warm and really fussy. He had grabbed at his ears and I thought, oh no! another ear infection! He slept fine that night and in the morning his rash was faint, but Wednesday we took him to what we thought was a Clinic. It was actually just an ER and as we were waiting and waiting, Tommy was playing around acting as usual, so we decided to leave. His rash, all over his body, really flared up again in the afternoon and that's when we called Jared's doctor. They got him in immediately and he told me it was probably Scarlet Fever, or Scarletina. They swabbed his throat and said Scarlet Fever came with strep throat. (Tommy wasn't eating as much either, which explains why). I felt so bad for him! They gave him an antibiotic and he did well from there. You can't see the rash well, but it did get pretty bad.
We played a lot, which included watching Tommy golf and hearing Uncle Roddy sing "Tommy pop, Tommy pop, ohhh Tommy, Tommy pop, Tommy pop!"
This was an automatic tape measure Tommy loved to press.
Playing (driving) at the park
Handing Uncle Buster a golf club
Ruidoso has a horse racing track and Matt's uncles work there or have horses that race there. We went there Friday, knowing Tommy would get a kick out of it. He mainly loved the water truck, tractor, and guard rails to climb on.
Right before the horses raced, Tommy saw someone eating an icecream and began pointing/whining for one. Mimi quickly took care of that! It was so big and began to melt so fast, I had to eat most of it (what a shame;) Tommy had plenty though, including his face and hands.
Buster and Shorty (Kaleb) joined us at the track. Tommy LOVED shorty. He became his instant best friend. I think shorty was pretty fond of him too :)
It took awhile for Tommy to warm up to Buster, even though he was calling him Papa occasionally, but he soon discovered he was a great buddy!
Friday night Papa came into town so we had Cinnabon for breakfast. Tommy's first one-nothing like 100% sugar for breakfast! I think Matt was pretty jealous when we told him.
Jared was a great buddy!
I didn't get many pictures of it, but if Tommy wasn't playing golf, he was crying about wanting to drive. He's in 7th Heaven in the front seat. He can now put the keys in the ignition and makes a vroom vroom sound while turning the wheel.
Later Saturday, we went with Uncle Brant to see his horse at the race track. I forgot my camera so these were taken with my low-quality picture phone. He pet the horse once, and then he moved his head up and down and that scared Tommy, so he was done. He moved on to raking with Uncle Brant and Papa.
Sunday I drove with Papa the 2 hours to the airport and then flew home. Tommy was such a little bugger! He didn't fall asleep until the last hour of the drive and then was whining through security. Papa dropped us off at our gate. When our group was called to board, I was holding Tommy with one hand and pushing the stroller with the other. The stroller had turned into the wall and as I was adjusting it, I was saying, "Mommy's never flying alone with you again' (in a forced happy tone) and then a man behind me asked "Would you like some help?" I felt a little silly but said SURE! Once, seated, Tommy wanted me to hold him up so he could press the light button on and off or mess with the air. I had the seat next to me open but that ended up being worse. Of course he wanted to stand up in it and play Peek-a-boo with everyone. Anyway, we finally made it and wonderful Daddy had these waiting for me. What a sweetheart. Thanks honey! Oh, and Tommy had to show Dad his new moves!
We did have a great trip and can't wait to visit again!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

when are you going to bring that little guy home so our kids can play? isabelles watched this video way too many times. she thinks tommys golfing is hysterical!

Natalie said...

when are you going to bring that little guy home so our kids can play? isabelles watched this video way too many times. she thinks tommys golfing is hysterical!