On Friday night July 2nd, Matt, Tommy, Mimi, Papa, and I started the aprox. 8 hour drive to Ruidoso, New Mexico. Mimi stays up there with Nana in the summer so we went to spend the 4th there (and Tommy and I stayed the week after-all in the next post) I was dreading the drive, not sure how Tommy would do but it wasn't as bad as I thought. He fell asleep at first, but then woke up around 10:00 pm when we stopped for gas. He stayed awake and fussed a little bit, despite snacks and songs. We got to the hotel about 12:00 and Tommy still wasn't tired, not falling asleep for another hour! Talk about a power nap! The next day we decided to go against our pediatrician's advice and turn the car seat forward facing. This video is his reaction.
He kept saying WOW!.
When we finally made it to Nana's, Tommy was exploring the yard. The only thing that kept him from picking that up was the ants crawling on it. He yells, "Bug, Bug!" Unfortunately that's my fault and I do regret it a little bit.
This golf club was the beginning to a new found love.
Tommy loves to 'drive' more than ever, now that he sees us driving in the car. We thought he'd like the lawnmower but it was a bit too loud ;)
-turned off and it's fun again
Mimi and Papa rented a house in Alto for the weekend, close to Nana's, and we all played a little golf in the backyard. Tommy is watching them try and hit golf balls into a bucket. (Matt and Dylan playing in the background)
Cousin Jared brought this plastic club from Nana's house and the rest is history. We will not call him the next Tiger Woods because Tommy will have moral standards, but he's good...real good.
The backyard of this house had a little tree house. It was a big hit with all of the kids- Logan, Eric, and Tommy.
Our wonderful Nana! I'm so glad Tommy gets to have a Nana. There are no grandparents left on my side and I miss them dearly. It makes me very happy that we get to spend time with her!
Matt took this picture and said I had to post it.
Autrey and Jared taking an afternoon nap together!
This house had some toys that Tommy liked- a wooden train set and a baby doll with a stroller. Tommy would love that baby and then put her in the stroller and take her on a walk. It was really cute, although I didn't get any pictures. (I'm sure Tommy will be happy about that when he's older)
On Sunday we went down to this river. The water was cold but Tommy didn't mind one bit! He loved throwing rocks in and stepping from rock to rock.
I think Autrey almost lost my son here!
We didn't get to see any fireworks (Tommy was asleep before dark) but we had a BBQ and Matt and Tommy had fun in the hot tub that night. There were changing colored lights which Tommy thought was pretty neat.
We had a good time and said good bye to Matt and the rest of the gang on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment