Tommy had his 18 month check up a little late because his doctor was out of town. He went in on Monday and almost everything was good:
weight: 24.2 lbs. (25%)
height: 33 inches (75%)
They tested his blood for anemia and it showed his hemoglobin was low. It was at a 10 and average is 11+. So he is slightly anemic and is going to be on iron supplement drops for a month. I need to be much more conscience of getting him enough protein to eat. I, myself, am not a big meat eater so I haven't been forcing it. We have plenty for dinner, but lunch time is more of a challenge. I have a couple ideas (high protein grains and more leafy vegetables) to try and hopefully Tommy will take to them well.
*He has been quite a character this week. He loves to say 'bye bye', then 'see ya' with a wave.
*He climbed into his high chair by himself, just after Dylan ate in it.
*As Tommy and I were walking into the grocery store, he's yelling and pointing to every car
"DRIVE!" "DRIVE!""DRIVE!" People are hearing me tell him, "no, you can't drive right now" hahaha
*I knocked something over in the store and Tommy yells, UH OH!
*Someone at the store dropped something and he yelled UH OH!
*We walked by an old man in a straw hat and Tommy raises both arms in the air, yelling, 'Yee haw! Yee haw!' repeatedy!
This week Tommy played with play-dough for the first time. I had to teach him the fun of squishing it in his hands rather than eating it, but he didn't really listen so we put it away pretty quickly. He did think getting to hold the plastic scissors was pretty cool. I love the one with his adorable dimple!
Friday night we went to Grapevine Lake to see the weekly fireworks show they put on. Autrey, Shilo, and Dylan met us there and the fireworks started at 9:30. It was late for Tommy and Dylan was more awake then him, but he did enjoy throwing rocks into the lake...even when the fireworks started!.
f
On Saturday I went to work, rather than going in on Thursdays. It works better for Matt and less traffic for me to drive in. Tommy has been asking to drive all week long, what seems like 24/7. It's just too hot to let him pretend to drive in our cars but I still feel bad telling no all the time. So Matt and I have talked about getting him a used Power Wheels car. We've found a few on Craig's list so we'll see. We think it will definitely get put to A LOT of use! On Sunday Tommy went to nursery for the first time without us. He did really well and colored this beautiful picture!
I love having family close by! After church, Autrey, Shilo, and Dylan came over for dinner. I tried making a fettucine alfredo but will make some adjustments the next time I make it. Shilo made a yummy texas sheet cake and then the boys went on a horse ride!
Tommy didn't quite like it when Dylan would tag him in the back...little goober
Wild Rider
This was the best we could do with all of Tommy's driving requests
On Tuesday night at around 10:30 Tommy woke up from sleep. He was squirming in my arms and then vomitted quite heavely. Poor little guy didn't know what was happening to him. We cleaned him up and he was still awake but so lethargic. He then threw up again, and proceeded another 2 times in between sleep. So a total of 4 times in 2 hours! I called the nurse and she said it was probably a stomach bug. I couldn't give him anything until about 2:30 in the morning. And only a couple sips of clear fluids at a time. I felt awful because he was looking up at me saying Milk Please! It just broke my heart! He woke up early the next day and I gave him some oatmeal. Obviously he was feeling better because he thought it would be funny to grab it and rub it all over his head!
He did take a 4 hour nap though and thankfully no more vomitting.
Blogger isn't letting me post videos for some reason but I'll keep trying. There are some great ones!
2 comments:
Hey! Your little boy is so cute and getting so big! How long are you in UT? We are here until Aug 7, but it is mostly wedding stuff for the next two weeks. I would LOVE to see you, but I don't know how much free time we are going to have. :( What is your schedule looking like? Are you staying at your moms in Magna?
Thanks! Yes, we will be in Utah tomorrow (Tuesday, the 27th) and leave in one week (Aug 3). Our schedule is pretty open during the day. We have some things in the evenings but just let me know when you're free and we'll work around that! It would be great to see you and your beautiful girl!
Post a Comment