Today our YW lesson was on Journals. So many times I think these lessons are as much for the leaders as they are for the girls. I have been thinking of my blog as a type of family history journal, so I don't feel completely guilty about my personal journal that has been collecting dust. This is why I have tried to be a little more diligent on keeping it up to date on our little family. On the other hand, there are plenty of personal feelings and experiences that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting on here but should be written down! During our lesson, one super cool leader ;) talked about having themed journals. For example, a gratitude journal, a scripture journal, and so on. I thought that was a great idea and am going to make a 'Duke Family FHE/Gratitude journal' Sounds pretty awesome huh!? I think so. In our lesson we also watched a clip from President Eyring's talk about keeping a journal on 'how you have seen the hand of the Lord in your life that day.' I love that! And to top it off, there were two quotes by
Spencer W. Kimball that have really inspired my stronger motivation for journal writing.
“Every person should keep a journal and every person can keep a journal. It should be an enlightening one and should bring great blessings and happiness to the families. If there is anyone here who isn’t doing so, will you repent today and change—change your life?” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1979, p. 117; or Ensign, May 1979, p. 84).
AND
“Those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep
the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives”
(“President Kimball Speaks Out on Personal Journals,” New Era, Dec. 1980, p. 27).
It wouldn't be a family history post without the cutest member of our family!
I let him play with the faucet
Last Saturday I went to a friend's garage sale and found this firetruck. I knew Tommy was going to love it!
Get this traffic moving!
He helps me water our tomato and herb plants every day!
I bought him an awesome bubble machine and now everyday he goes to the back door and says 'Bubble? Bubble?'
lounging, watching bubbles
We also went to the zoo last week with our friend Sarah and her super cute girls. He's laughing at the monkey in this pic.
Little Ms Katherine (5 yrs) was so sweet to Tommy and held his hand as he walked. (When I would try to hold it he quickly wriggled free and ran to Katherine!)
This is darling Hannah. I love this picture!
We love going to the zoo with friends!
On the 10th, we were able to celebrate Ms. Sarah Morgan's first birthday! Tommy LOVES Sarah and we had so much fun that day. Especially considering her birthday was at the park AND had yummy food! Sarah is exactly 3 months younger than Tommy, and it has been fun talking to Katie about all kinds of Mommy stuff! Sarah's daddy is graduating from Law School in May and moving to New Mexico. We are going to miss them oh so much!
Happy Birthday Sarah!
1 comment:
I see some more blonde hair glistening in the sunlight. And the shark shoes are a big hit in our house as well!
Post a Comment