On Saturday Tommy turned 15 months old. On Monday he went to his well-check up. Tommy is a big boy! Actually, the doctor called him petite but shhhh, we won't tell him that.
He is healthy and doing well.
Weight: 22.11 lbs. (25th percentile)
Height: 31 7/8" (75th percentile)
He had a couple of shots and took them like a champ. Although, the next day he acted crippled and cried when he tried to walk. So sad... but that didn't last long. You give him a broom and he's cruising the house!
The doctor reinforced REAR Facing car seat til age 2. I think I found the only doctor that is going by this research by the AAP. When I slightly questioned him he stated the research done with crash test toddler dummies and results of them being 5x safer. He also said, "Other doctors don't care about this as much as I do."
Wow, okay okay. Sheesh!
So I'm going to be good and stick with it. Tommy is doing better about getting into his car seat anyway. He loves to talk! He is getting better and better at repeating what we say...uh oh..;) j/k
He can throw a tantrum with the best of them, especially at a store and your holding him when he wants to walk! He gives closed-mouth kisses with sound effects now. He has also become SO attached to me, all the time! Unless, of course, we are in a store and there's neat stuff for him to get into. Funny how that is...
Despite this, he is so much fun and makes Matt and I laugh every day! It's a good thing he's so cute!
1 comment:
What a cutie! My doctor is big on the rear facing until 2. My kids hate it though. They are so much happier when they get turned around.
Post a Comment