On July 11th, we took Tyler in to the ENT for a follow-up appointment. Despite having ear infections at his 1 year check-up, (one week after first seeing the ENT) his ears looked good. There was no more fluid in them, and the doctor said they were clear. We were relieved to hear this, knowing we wouldn’t have to do tubes. He still suggested to keep with the nasal spray so we’ve been doing that. Then, the last two days Tyler had been pretty fussy and wasn’t sleeping well. Friday night was the worse and he was very inconsolable, while pulling at his ears. It was a very late night. Saturday morning we took him to urgent care and they, indeed, saw two infected ears….ugh. He’s now on the antibiotic, Omnicef and some numbing drops to relieve his pain. Not quite sure where to go from here.....
Tommy went to his dentist check-up this week and they found a very tiny cavity. They told me he has very deep grooves so I need to really brush well, he even suggested I lay him on his back at the edge of the kitchen sink, with his head tilted up so I can see exactly where I’m brushing…uhm…haven’t tried that yet. Tommy did excellent while breathing in the ‘strawberry’ gases. They didn’t need to numb him, but they gave him the gas to calm him. He still raised his hands up every now and then and the assistant had to keep them down in order to keep from bumping the dentist. I think he would have been flinching a lot more without it. The assistant asked if he was starting to feel a little funny. He nodded. Then she asked if he liked strawberries. He nodded. She said, I like strawberries too. Do you like them with cream? Then out of nowhere he said loudly," NO, I like them with cream, but NO strawberries, JUST cream!” He had me and the assistant laughing pretty hard. During the filling he got to wear some cool shades while watching a cartoon on the ceiling. He looked so cute and did awesome. No cell phones were allowed back there so no pics:(
The strawberry ‘nose’ he got to keep
Car Wise:
After coming back from Ruidoso, we finally got our car back from the body shop. It looks great. (During the rental car rides Tommy stated that we needed to keep this car because it was a safer car….I guess that accident has traumatized him;)
AND we bought Tommy a new car seat that fits more as a booster seat. He loves it, especially the cup holder! Tyler gets the hand-me-downs, but likes facing forward, of course! He was sleepy when we first put him in, but he was looking around, wide-eyed…and trying to mess with his buckle. He’s about 5 months younger than Tommy was when we faced him forward, but I’ll never forget Tommy’s reaction, saying “Wow! Wow!Wow"!
One morning-
CURRENT CRAZY CAR RIDES: Right now Tyler is a yeller. Not because he's upset, but because he just wants to be loud!
Tommy eggs him on and therefore our car rides are as follows:
INSANE....but kind of funny too...
(what's not funny-already dreading going to the grocery store with these two goobers and Tommy dropping an entire jar of salsa at the Walmart checkout line....trying to 'help' me.) aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
I got Tommy to peel some carrots for dinner. He loved using the peeler and ate an entire carrot himself, and one for Tyler
Another afternoon-
spinning, hugging, and kissing on the office chair
Tommy loves playing on our bed and I found this teddy bear there one day, all tucked in (so cute)
I thought in the midst of the heat, I’d introduce Tommy to water balloons! Of course they were a huge hit. Tyler wouldn’t dare be left out either! He would bite them and when it popped he whined for about 20 seconds, scaring him a bit. Then he’d be back at the faucet for another one!
This is what was going on before leaving for mutual on Wednesday. I guess Daddy needed a makeover.
No comments:
Post a Comment