Oh my sweet Tommy. After Mimi stayed with us for a week, helping with Tyler, she took Tommy with her to Ruidoso on Tuesday. Autrey, Shilo, and Dylan went with them. Matt had to work so we won’t be leaving until Thursday night and arriving Friday. Mimi was set on taking him, despite my hesitations. Being 8 hours away is difficult to think about. The only time I’ve left him all night was when I had Tyler 2 weeks ago and even then, I was only 30 minutes away. I especially worried how he would do at night. He still comes into our room almost every night and sleeps with us. I know he loves Mimi and loves being around Autrey, Shilo, and Dylan, but it doesn’t make it any easier for me. I thought it would be nice to only have Tyler for a couple days, but that’s not how I feel now.
Tommy was so excited to go and see Nana and Maggie and I know it would be much worse if he had been crying for me as I left or something. He was happy and ready to go and I’m grateful for that. BUT, as I buckled him in I told him I needed lots of kisses because I wasn’t going to see him for a few days. I was doing fine, and then as I was getting out of the car he says, “I love you mommy!”. Oh I lost it. I turned back around and grabbed his face for one last kiss. It unexpectedly, but absolutely, ripped my heart out to leave him. I waved goodbye, went inside, and cried my eyes out. I had to talk to someone so I called Matt and cried to him for a few minutes, until I got it together. I then finished off some Blue Bell ice cream with chocolate syrup and tried to stay busy. Despite it being barely 3 days total, my heart aches for him. I can’t even make it through this post without bawling. I’m this close to going to Verizon and buying an iPhone just so I can talk to him and see him with the FaceTime (since Mimi has one)……is that a justifiable purchase?
I sure think so….
Colton's Semi-Quarantined 8th Birthday
6 years ago
3 comments:
Yes, I think so too!!
I'm so sorry Allyson! I think I would feel the same way!! It's SO hard for me to be away from my babies!!!
I am so happy for you guys!! YOu have the cutest little boys. Tyler looks like you! Your entries were just what I needed to read because I've been having such a hard time with Will lately. It's a good reminder that he's my baby and I live him.
Congrats to you and Matt! Have a good time in NM getting Tommy back!
I'm sorry Allyson, but I just had to laugh! Not that you truly miss Tommy, but that you are wanting to go buy a new phone so you can face time with him! And that you got yourself together and then had ice cream! I probably would have been crying in my ice cream!
And, Yes, you should get an iphone! You would LOVE it!
Post a Comment