Well, Matt made it home late friday night, due to a 1 1/2 delayed flight. We survived the week...but just barely;)
The splash park was a fun break in the week. Our ward started a mom and tot group and this was our first activity. Tommy mainly played over on the playground but did enjoy running his truck through the water. Tommy likes it best when the water slowly starts to go off (before the button is pressed to turn it back on). Shilo and Dylan came so that was fun and it was just fun to talk to other adults...one highlight in the week!That night he helped me with laundry. He loves this step ladder and ended up putting all the clothes in AND soap (with my help of course). Its really cute to hear him say 'soap!'
We also talked about penguins.
-Tommy waddling like a penguin!
By Thursday Tommy was pretty tired of me and I don't blame him. I was running out of fun things to do and my creativity level was at an all time low. I did find his new love though-ELMO! Who would have thought? He doesn't watch TV at all, not even Curious George will hold his attention anymore. I was really ok with it because he shouldn't be watching tv at his age anyway, but I grabbed a few DVD's, including 'Elmo's World' at the library and found it to be a hit. So if you weren't aware beforehand, Elmo IS the coolest dude in the world- just ask Tommy Duke.
I was painting a frame this week and Tommy really wanted my brush, and to paint also. I said 'ok, later' and started looking up homemade fingerpaint recipes. Most of them you had to cook, and then cool. I never got around to it BUT...at the garage sale I found some red paint AND these cups for the brush. (I remember using these when I taught at HeadStart) They were awesome and helped keep it pretty much mess free. Tommy finally got to paint! We made sure daddy got one of these painting when we picked him up from the airport;)
I ALSO found this LeapFrog Fridge Farm Magnetic Animal Set. I had seen this in the stores and wanted to get it but never did. I was so excited to find this. Now Tommy plays with it while I'm in the kitchen doing dishes or making dinner. I love it!
Matt even had to work Saturday til noon. But Mimi and Papa came in on Friday night to go to the State Fair so Tommy had them to play with. After Matt came home Tommy finally got to play with him!This is a new outfit Mimi bought him. I especially love the shoes.
Our little goober;)


1 comment:
Garage sales are the best. That remote car, the magnets, and the paints look fun! Glad you survived being alone and then being invaded!
Post a Comment