Sunday, May 9, 2010

16 Months!

This is what's been going on this week in our little fam...
I was trying to measure Tommy's pj pants to hem. It was rather difficult with such a wigglebum!
His new LOVE! ( I explain later)
He can feed himself really well, without making TOO big of a mess. (applesauce)
Tommy was getting pretty bored in the bath so I bought these Crayola Beginnings (fully washable) Bath crayons. I set it down and was turned around getting his old toys out of the tub and found this. Fully washable remember (and very easily too. I was pleasantly surprised)
He loved them obviously.
He is getting so tall!!
So Matt went on a quick business trip from Sunday to Tuesday to Dothen, Alabama. Matt says it's bigger than it sounds. Anyway, when he came home he gave Tommy a little souvenir-this airplane toy(with candy in the stick, which Tommy still doesn't know about).
The video shows his reaction and lets just say it was a hit.
I gave him cantaloupe as a slice for the first time. He left the kitchen and I came in to see him enjoying it, to say the least.
On Thursday we went to a small splash park with some friends in the ward. I thought Tommy was going to love it...but not so much. He didn't care to get wet and when he saw the playground next to it, he was done with the water. I had thought he had allergies and this day proved to be especially bad. His eye was super watery and he kept itching at it. He also had a constant runny nose. On Friday we finally got him some Zyrtec (CVS brand because, come to find out, Zyrtec had been recalled). It has really seemed to help and I'm so thankful! He loves being outside!
Friday night Matt and I were able to go to the Temple together! My sweet visiting teacher and her family watched Tommy for us and he had a blast. He had so much attention and you can just tell they truly love him! Saturday we attended our friend Scott's graduation party. He has officially finished Law school and will be moving to New Mexico to work. What an accomplishment! We are really going to miss them and their sweet Sarah! We also attended a wedding in the ward. Well Matt did... I had to leave the room with a very tired little man. Matt has been teaching this couple in the Gospel Essentials class so it was neat to be there.

I finished my first sewing class project! His baseball pants are pretty long despite hemming them almost 2 inches! But that's okay, he should be able to wear them for a long time!
I had one ripe, red tomato and no, that is not my bite. Some bird got that tasty one! grrrrr....
And finally-what Tommy's doing at 16 months!
-In the last couple weeks Tommy now brings us books to read to him. We usually had to sit him on our lap ourselves if we wanted to read to him. Some of his favorite's right now include, The Birthday Box, Goodnight Moon, The Going To Bed Book, The Brave Little Bird, and Baby Einsteins First Words picture book.


-We count a lot when tossing him in our arms and things, saying 'ooonee, twwwooo, threee' (with our tones rising from low to high) and now he's imitating the tones pretty well. He skips one but he can say 'twoooo' ( pretty cute)


-He likes to play hide and seek with me. I run to a room, he runs in squealing and finds me, then I run out into another room and "hide." He could do this ALL day!


-He sees steam and says 'Hot'. He can also lightly blow on his food.


-He waves at EVERYONE:Cars driving by, people at the grocery store, church, you name it. And yet if a stranger were to come up, he would cling to me like his life depended on it-still SO attached!


-Matt taught him how to blow on my belly. Now he randomly comes to me and pulls at my shirt to blow!


-He likes to 'knock' on windows and doors.


-Everything is still a phone and he tries to say Hello. It's more of a 'Hewwoo'


-The latest fixation is spoons! Spoons,spatulas, whisks, well any kitchen utensil for that matter! He loves them. He comes into the kitchen and says a word that sounds more like 'bowl' because he can't say spoon. But he's wanting my jar of utensils. I let him pick one out and he's happy as a lark, carrying it around everywhere! The spoons go with us everywhere-church, restaurants, etc... (and the spoons and spatulas also work as telephones! "hewwo??")
He is our absolute sunshine! We love you little man!


-

1 comment:

shilo said...

I love reading what I get to look forward to! See you soon!