Monday, January 11, 2010

I'M ONE ! continued....

Tommy had his 12 month well check visit. He weighs 21 lbs. 5 oz. He's 30 1/2 " long.
We will now start giving him cow's milk and I'll start the weaning adventure. We are on a trial break from the Axid medicine for his reflux. So far so good!
Tommy is becoming so independent! He wants to feed himself and just started trying to feed us! He tries to 'sing' when we do "Itsy Bitsy Spider." He points at everything and tell us a 'story' about it. This results in lots of jabbering.
We hear lots of 'dabba dabba dabba' He has also said 'uh oh!' and, besides mama and dada, words that sound like 'ball' 'car''quack' 'bite'
'mimi' is milk.
He says and waves bye bye all the time and to complete strangers.
He has a fake laugh that's hilarious!
Although he isn't walking, he stood up today for about 20 seconds! yay! I'm sure there are lots of things I'm leaving out because he is doing SO much.
We couldn't ask for a healthier, happier boy. We are so blessed and grateful to have him!
The morning of the party -Tommy fascinated with the balloons and decorations.
"Pin the 1 on Tommy's nose"
We tried to put the birthday hat on him and this is what resulted.


Just taking his time...I forgot to pull the cake from the fridge earlier so the frosting was cold and stiff. I think that's why he really didn't go at it.



"I'm done!"


He's playing with his new puzzle from mom and dad.


Sure, now he likes the hat!



We went to "Piccomolo" (italian gelato) that night because that is where we went the night before Tommy was born. He loved it!



Our friends gave Tommy a tootbrush and he would NOT let go of it to save his life.


-Loved chewing on it.



On Sunday, his actual birthday, I gave him a cupcake (at room temperature;) so he could have another go at it. He did pretty good although, he wasn't a big fan of the frosting. It wasn't until after he got down to the cake that he really began to dig in. The hat, again, not a success.


He opened up more presents. Mega blocks!



Grandma gave him this animal puzzle, a story time toy, and this basketball toy. He was a natural!



He likes these toys that were at the library so we got him his very own.




Happy Birthday Tommy! We love you!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

He's so cute! I love his baldness and blue eyes! He seems so happy! Looks like fun. :)

Alycia said...

You did those tissue paper balls! They look so good, esp. with the cake. Good job! I can't believe he is already one. Maybe we will meet up at the library again. We really need to have another game night!